21 Reasons for the Decline of Harley Davidson

Rate this topic

Rickman

13 mins ago, Wayne Tj said:

Please play nice, it’s OK to have a difference of opinion. Peace :hippie:

And like an even bigger moron, you obviously didn't read any of my other posts in this thread.

Even more importantly, wasn't it you that you that wanted me to ignore your posts and in turn, I asked the same of you. I have not offensively singled out one of your posts since then. You on the other hand, continue to be the dickhead you've always been.  Something for you to consider if you're ever wondering why the majority of people here really don't like you. 

On 8/31/2018 at 7:55 AM, bospa357 said:

Just out of curiosity, have you guys actually owned a Harley? I would like to know what the nickle and dime stuff was that killed it for you. Why you think they are expensive junk. Why you feel they are not a quality motorcycle guaranteed to give you years of trouble free service.

Quite honestly, if I were shopping today, I probably wouldn't buy a Harley. But not for the reasons stated. Mostly because my tastes have changed in what I would be looking for in a bike. There are some fine offerings from other companies lately.

But that said, I have owned many motorcycles in my life of all styles and makes. Both street and off road. I ice raced bikes for several years in my younger days. Over my lifetime, I have owned 7 Harleys. Not one of them has "nickle and dimed" me to death. Yes I sunk more money into some than I should have customizing them. Not one was ever junk. I got many years of trouble free years of service out of them. In fact, my current Harley I bought new in 1998. 20 years of trouble fee riding with 34k miles on it. It still rides, looks and performs like new. 

I'm not asking these questions for arguments. I sincerely would like to hear first hand experience of why they're so bad because my experience has been just the opposite.

My 98 Softail Custom.

IMG_1375.JPG

DIBS!! ;)

7 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

Never learned to ride it?

or could not find the pedals?    :D

run the piss out of it wheelies jumping tracks, burn outs, usual heathen activities  :bucktooth:

oh yea...

**** off!

how lucky am i

to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..

3 hours ago, bospa357 said:

And like an even bigger moron, you obviously didn't read any of my other posts in this thread.

Even more importantly, wasn't it you that you that wanted me to ignore your posts and in turn, I asked the same of you. I have not offensively singled out one of your posts since then. You on the other hand, continue to be the dickhead you've always been.  Something for you to consider if you're ever wondering why the majority of people here really don't like you. 

Wayne is aces. Patchy is a yellow bellied sap sucker. 

On September 1, 2018 at 1:01 AM, redfishkiller said:

my best and gloves lol, I didn't have a fancy jacket and matching helmet...

20180901_005818.jpg

20180901_005629.jpg

20180901_005553.jpg

My sister wore a vest like that back in the day. 

The village, which had stood for maybe 1,000 years, didn't know we were coming that day. If they had, they would have run. boB was at the eye of our rage. And through him, our Captain Ahab. He would set things right again. That day, we loved him.

22 hours ago, cleatis said:

They leak oil big deal.  ..........

This is old school stuff from way back when they had 'open' stamped steel primary covers and total loss primary chain oilers. Modern belt drives did away with the rear chain oiler, the open primary cover went away with the sealed 'banjo' cover on the '65 panhead. The cast primary cover was needed to support the electric start setup in '65. The cast cover also brought a oil recovery circuit with a sump at the rear bottom of the cover. 1965 was the only electric start panhead as in '66 they went to the  shovelhead engine

On 8/31/2018 at 0:02 AM, Rickman said:
Borrowed from elsewhere:

Why Harley Davidson Sales Are Down

Harley Davidson is closing many of its plants due to declining sales. Apparently, the Baby-Boomers all have motorcycles and Generation X is only buying a very few. The next generation, the Millennials, aren’t buying any at all. A recent study was conducted to find out why. Here are a few reasons why Millennials don't ride motorcycles and why sales are probably down:

1. Pants won't pull up far enough for them to straddle the seat.

2. Can't get their phone to their ear with a helmet on.

3. Can't use two hands to eat while driving.

4. Don't get a trophy and a recognition plaque just for buying one.

5. Don't have enough muscle to hold the bike up when stopped.

6. Might have a bug hit them in the face and then they would need emergency care.

7. Motorcycles don't have air conditioning.

8. Can't afford one because they spent 12 years in college trying to get a degree in Humanities, Social Studies or Gender Studies, for which no jobs are available.

9. Allergic to fresh air.

10. Pajamas get caught on the exhaust pipes.

11. Might get their hands dirty checking the oil.

12. Handle bars have buttons and levers and cannot be controlled by touch-screen.

13. Have to shift manually and use something called a clutch.

14. Too hard to take selfies while riding.

15. They don't come with training wheels like their bicycles did.

16. Motorcycles don't have power steering or power brakes.

17. Nose ring interferes with the face shield.

18. Would have to use leg muscle to backup.

19. When they stop, a light breeze might blow exhaust in their face.

20. It could rain on them and expose them to non-soft water.

21. It might scare their therapy dog and then the dog would need therapy.

I dont ride, (or havent since I rocked my XR80 and CT70 back in the day!) but this post was great and is probably spot on.

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 3:54 PM, fishinambition said:

Wayne is aces. Patchy is a yellow bellied sap sucker. 

pretty sure rick(by accident ) created endless copies of himself/world while trying to fix the mutated infant morty(a result of accidently walking in on an experiment)which he killed in a later episode before trying to kill himself

"a high percentage of Bernie's posts involve Jim, homosexuality and/or touching children" :naughty: