Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StriperReleaser

Big Green Egg score

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Just scored this egg for 575 $ large egg with pizza stone gloves and propane starter ! Only used a couple times ! Also came with  a convEGGtor !

bge.jpg

Edited by StriperReleaser

Nice grab. 

Does it have the “plate setter” ?

If it doesn’t you need that.

Edit 

The plate setter is the same thing as the convEGGtor. I missed that in your initial post. 

Edited by Kml

God bless.

That NEVER happens.  Get a daisy wheel cap, got to have one of those. (not like its cool, you must have it to use it).  It will take you a cook or two to get the hang of it.  Soon after you wont believe how well that thing works.

Trivia for the egg heads, they have been around since the late 70s, just not real popular.  I had one in the late 80s.  First wife got it for me, we lived a couple miles from the original store in Decatur GA.

Back then they were made out of clay, as fragile as real eggs.  The day I moved out-divorce-Bob B and I weee loading it on the truck up a ramp.  Dropped it.

But, back then there was no daisy wheel top of any kind.  You just ran it with the top off.  Cooked hot only.

Wow.

I'm quite envious.

Congratz!!!

I bought a generic BGE 5 yers ago & it's craking and falling apart. No warrentee. The BGE has a lifetime warrentee. I saved $300 but by the end of this yr it's prolly done. That was a classic penny wise, dollar foolish move on my part.

On the other hand, you scored big time!

Enjoy.

There's a bit of a learning curve w/ those things but they're so versitaile. BGE Pizza rocks!

JD

32 mins ago, Little said:

God bless.

That NEVER happens.  Get a daisy wheel cap, got to have one of those. (not like its cool, you must have it to use it).  It will take you a cook or two to get the hang of it.  Soon after you wont believe how well that thing works.

Trivia for the egg heads, they have been around since the late 70s, just not real popular.  I had one in the late 80s.  First wife got it for me, we lived a couple miles from the original store in Decatur GA.

Back then they were made out of clay, as fragile as real eggs.  The day I moved out-divorce-Bob B and I weee loading it on the truck up a ramp.  Dropped it.

But, back then there was no daisy wheel top of any kind.  You just ran it with the top off.  Cooked hot only.

It came with a vented top . This isn’t my first kamado pot . I have patiently waited for a deal and got lucky finding this one . I asked why it was being sold the person said they just got bored with it and rarely used it ! Feeling blessed ! 

9D01AB35-935D-40A7-8592-03041963681F.jpeg

AAB448E4-D21A-4448-945F-FA682ACDAEE4.jpeg

0A9365C1-C810-4D45-9053-1B262D291568.jpeg

BB13C5B8-9FD3-4BE3-B073-5AC5517D5E0A.jpeg

27 mins ago, StriperReleaser said:

It came with a vented top . This isn’t my first kamado pot . I have patiently waited for a deal and got lucky finding this one . I asked why it was being sold the person said they just got bored with it and rarely used it ! Feeling blessed ! 

9D01AB35-935D-40A7-8592-03041963681F.jpeg

AAB448E4-D21A-4448-945F-FA682ACDAEE4.jpeg

0A9365C1-C810-4D45-9053-1B262D291568.jpeg

BB13C5B8-9FD3-4BE3-B073-5AC5517D5E0A.jpeg

Didnt like it? Were they communists?  Spacemen?

A DIGIQ from BBQ GURU is a worthwhile purchase.  Not cheap @ $219, but well worth it for long cooks. Makes it easy to get temps dead on.  Set it and forget it.  Really helpful with long slow cooks like brisket, pulled beef, and pork shoulder/butt.  

IMG_1570u_130592524900900046.jpg