Marty

Need a 4x4 truck.

Rate this topic

48 posts in this topic

Here I am back in my car to go fishing. 210,000 -09 Pilot. It’s time to get a new or good use 4x4. She still runs great and your not going to believe this. This pilot is one of  the best 4x4 on the beach. I added air lift, oil cooler, trans cool but I can’t stand the fish - rotten fish smell. I even took everything out and wash inside last year. What do you guys like and use for the beach ?

A Toyota Truck, not the Tundra or the Tacoma, but the 80's-90's truck 4x4. Put some fat tires on it and there is nothing better. Super light and will go anywhere on a beach. Weight is what kills in the sand.

Your always gonna get that smell with the way you seem to fish. You say it’s running great and with the upgrades you did already I say keep it. Take it to one of those quick lube car wash placing and get it cleaned out. Some places are not that expensive. You drop it off and in a few hours they shampoo and clean everything. They usually take out the seats and shampoo the carpet and seats (if they are cloth seats) Depending on how much it stinks it may not get completely out but it’ll be a hell of a lot better than now I’m sure. 

1 min ago, Skkeeter said:

A Toyota Truck, not the Tundra or the Tacoma, but the 80's-90's truck 4x4. Put some fat tires on it and there is nothing better. Super light and will go anywhere on a beach. Weight is what kills in the sand.

That’s what my buddy has and said the same. You nailed it.   

I’m waiting for tide to turn in the car. I’m looking at all my gear. I still have last season fall gear in here. I wouldn’t have to pack it for this fall. 

C6E48722-1985-48E2-AF02-2A55FCA1BFC4.jpeg

1 hour ago, Marty said:

I can get a 11 ft rod in this pilot. That’s a must for me. Leaving rods on top, I seen to many get cut rods and reel gone. 

Thats what a locking roof rack is for.  

5 hours ago, mitchellgoosen said:

Thats what a locking roof rack is for.  

Can you post the name of one. All the ones I seen, they can still cut the rod with bolt cutters and take the reel 

6 hours ago, SIC34 said:

Doesn't get better than a 4 runner for the beach but a 1 piece 11 footer barely fits- it can can be done but it's tight.

4 runner for sure! Very wise!

15 mins ago, Marty said:

Can you post the name of one. All the ones I seen, they can still cut the rod with bolt cutters and take the reel 

Try Rac a Rod.  I have one. Works great