codfish

Did the average joe get the shaft again??

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

I dunno. I consider myself middle class. I have more money in my paycheck every week, better bonus this year than the past 4 or 5 and my 401k and 529 plans have skyrocketed... I don't feel any shaft. On top of that I don't usually concern myself with other peoples business. Do you?

No!  But the middle class getting shafted is a favorite democrat scare tactic.  If you was to see a middle class that got the shaft visit Venezuela. The government promised to make everyone equal, well they got 1/3rd of it right. Now instead of three classes, the poor, the middle class and the rich, they have 2 classes the poor and the rich.

5 hours ago, SIC34 said:

I dunno. I consider myself middle class. I have more money in my paycheck every week, better bonus this year than the past 4 or 5 and my 401k and 529 plans have skyrocketed... I don't feel any shaft. On top of that I don't usually concern myself with other peoples business. Do you?

"I dunno" anyone with an answer? Is Fox news correct on this one?? 

that's what happens when you put the government above yourself to provide the important stuff in your life.

i highlighted "provide" for a reason.

Edited by eddy

27 mins ago, eddy said:

that's what happens when you put the government above yourself to provide the important stuff in your life.

Some will never get it...

44 mins ago, codfish said:

Spot on, could not have said it better:) they promise us a nice boat, you hope for a regulator, what do we get well? the picture says it all:banghd:

photo1.jpg

crappy-boat.png

What does this picture say to you? It says to me that in this country you can be what you want to be...

29 mins ago, eddy said:

BBWWAAAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

Remember Veruca Salt whining that the other kids got tw everlasting gobstoppers instead of one.

13 hours ago, eddy said:

Well said:)

My port is up 80%. My older son saw a 20% cut in his federal Taxes and my younger son saw 32%. We're all middle class and if THIS is what it's like to get screwed, please knit me a pair of socks with handles built in!

22 hours ago, epanzella said:

My port is up 80%. My older son saw a 20% cut in his federal Taxes and my younger son saw 32%. We're all middle class and if THIS is what it's like to get screwed, please knit me a pair of socks with handles built in!

E, are you and your sons in the segment of the population that will loose those cuts in a few years when many cuts sunset?

29 mins ago, Stonesipher said:

E, are you and your sons in the segment of the population that will loose those cuts in a few years when many cuts sunset?

You mean the cuts we never would have gotten if not for trump? Yes. assuming they're not made permanent. Their far ranging benefits to our economy make a good case for the cuts being made permanent and possibly even expanded.

On 8/31/2018 at 0:35 AM, SIC34 said:

I am economically lower middle class by definition.   My take home pay has gone down every year for the past... long while.  7 years?  This year is likely no different so far.  

That said, I am not self employed and am not anyones barometer for the health of the economy in any way shape or form.  

I'll add that I dont expect anyones trickle down, make it a rule that I dont count other peoples money so long as they earn it or inherit it.