Korea trip starting Sat

Rate this topic

ksong

40 mins ago, ksong said:

Chuja Island is a mecca of yellowtail from the rock in Korea.

There are not many places in the world to catch bid yellowtail from the rock like Chuja Island. 

My trip is pretty slow as I went during half moon periods. They need strong current and full moon and new moon are the prime time like striped bass.

Never the less, I enjoyed fishing there. I lost big 40 - 50 lb yellowtail on the last day as 80 lb leader line broke.  I could see the big yellowtail suddenly came from side and  took the lure like a torpedo. 

I cast upto 4 oz medal pencil poppers using the 9'6" Black Hole Suzuki rod and the rod can handle it thought the rating is upto 3 oz.

That is an awesome video. In the picture in your previous post the rating on the rod is 3/4 - 4 oz and in this post you say it is up to 3 oz. can you clarify?

11 mins ago, levari said:

That is an awesome video. In the picture in your previous post the rating on the rod is 3/4 - 4 oz and in this post you say it is up to 3 oz. can you clarify?

The rating of the 9'6" Suzuki rod is 3/4 oz - 3 oz. If I said it is 3/4 - 4 oz, I make a mistake.

16 mins ago, ksong said:

The rating of the 9'6" Suzuki rod is 3/4 oz - 3 oz. If I said it is 3/4 - 4 oz, I make a mistake.

It is not what you said. It is the label on the rod in the picture. Are we talking KS-962? If so, the label on the rod is wrong.

On 9/6/2018 at 7:13 AM, ksong said:

Surprisingly fishing was slow. I had only a few small yellotail.

I met a lure fisherman. He said he got 59 lb yellowtail on a popper from the rock on his July trip.

Tomorrow is my last day and I hope I catch big yellowtail.

My small yellowtail

59 lb yellowtail caught by an angler who I met on the trip.

20180904_223016.jpg

1499553690909-3.jpg

20180906_053951.jpg

I remember that food too well. I was in Korea for three months on business. Eating that food I lost thirty pounds:  shet my brains out, puked my guts out. When I returned to USA  they taught i was in Prisoner Of War Camp in Korea.

J:wag:n

20 hours ago, ksong said:

Fishing was good today. I must hooked up a dozen yellowtail. I lost a huge yellowtail as 80 lb leader line got broken.

I am heading for Jeju Island to take a plane to Seoul.

20180906_225143.jpg

This is what he’s talking about it does say 3/4 - 4 and up to 40lb when technically the specs say up to 3oz and 30lb. Have to check but I think my 9’6 says the same. 

0786C54B-6577-4471-8FAE-C242BA1A5DD0.jpeg

Edited by DaveBKNY

40 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Ksong's threads include food pictures so often I try to avoid looking until after I've eaten. Otherwise I start snacking on peanuts, or ... something.  

Try it if you want to loose weight. Maybe you will lose 30lbs. in three months like I did.

J:wag:n

5 hours ago, levari said:

It is not what you said. It is the label on the rod in the picture. Are we talking KS-962? If so, the label on the rod is wrong.

The label on the rod is wrong.  Thanks for it. We will tell to correct it when we have a meeting on Monday

Model

Length

Piece

Lure
Weight

Braid Line
Rating

Blank
Weight

Spinning Rod
Weight

Tip/Butt