Jollyrodger

Orleans, MA- What Lures

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

This is a follow up question to one asked earlier. I have a wedding in Orleans next weekend and wondering which lures to throw. Will probably bring 2 bags of lures, but for all of you experienced in the area, what 5 lures would you throw first? Thanks in advance.

Bone SP or SP Bullet. Hurley Squid or Baby squid. Pt. Jude Nautilus. Sunset to dawn. Small and medium Hogy protails silver and white. Smaller savages white or black/white. Oh, and reel like crazy to beat the seals and sharks. 

Edited by beerdoh
correction

I think your spot is more important than what you throw.  Worth the walk/ drive to one of the inlets there, IMO. That being said, I've had nights when a 6" bomber caught fish every cast, while a 7" went untouched.  Bring sand eel teasers. 

9 hours ago, l.i.fish.in.vt said:

Sp minnow,Sp minnow Sp minnow Sp minnow and a Sp minnow

Good stuff but if you want to have a blast a few small metals, the mackerel are tight and heavy close to shore:)

Fished cape cod bay a few weeks ago not too far from where you’ll be. The predominant bait was sand eels. A small needlefish did pretty well but then I switched to a 7” bone Redfin & crushed them. Just a slow roll on the surface at night was the ticket. Good luck & have fun!