Jay in the Bay

Those RAAAACIST Republicans are indoctrinating our kids!!!

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

I mean really!!!  How can a book like this that is clearly a racist dog whistle be allowed to be published, let alone sold for children to read!!

I think some dedicated SOL SJW's should lead a protest on this author and publishing company IMMEDIATELY, before this racism gets further out of hand!!!

Monkeys on the bed.jpeg

Edited by Jay in the Bay

All four of my sons loved having the book read to them before bed. Somewhere along the way I had the text running through my head all the time. Got to dislike it at some point. 

Edited by tomkaz

It is supposed to be obvious. That DeSantis was saying a black man is equal to a monkey.

I saw it as racist right away. Of course anyone running for governor needs to be racist in order to win. Republicans will never vote for them if they don’t show themselves in this manner.

3 mins ago, FishinMortician said:

It is supposed to be obvious. That DeSantis was saying a black man is equal to a monkey.

I saw it as racist right away. Of course anyone running for governor needs to be racist in order to win. Republicans will never vote for them if they don’t show themselves in this manner.

:banghd:

I don't think it was intentional, but the comment was no bueno in 2018. Dumb mistake from what otherwise seems like an intelligent guy (SUPER cringey Trump campaign ad notwithstanding).

The fact that a comment can be "no bueno" can be directly blamed on those who accept that such comments can be "no bueno,"  and then still fault the speaker instead of the emotional basket cases that are offended.  Yet another example of social enablers.