CharlieK

Mullet Run 2018

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

I am hearing reports of mullet staging in the back getting ready to move out. Curious if anyone has spotted any movement out front yet.

Last year the run was one of the worst that I can remember so let's hope for better things this year.

i usually see the run begin out front around Sept 1st to the 12th and the big push is on the Sept full moon, but that moon is not until the 24th this year.

Any reports?

12 mins ago, CharlieK said:

I am hearing reports of mullet staging in the back getting ready to move out. Curious if anyone has spotted any movement out front yet.

Last year the run was one of the worst that I can remember so let's hope for better things this year.

i usually see the run begin out front around Sept 1st to the 12th and the big push is on the Sept full moon, but that moon is not until the 24th this year.

Any reports?

I've been poking around back the last few weeks and surprisingly havent seen any mullet.  I hope they come out from hiding soon!

The peanuts, however, are as thick as ive ever seen them.

The mullet I got in the cast net are still a little small but getting real close. Another week or two before it starts picking up

59 mins ago, CharlieK said:

Any reports?

Im still waiting for last years ...:violin:

29 mins ago, Sudsy said:

The mullet I got in the cast net are still a little small but getting real close. Another week or two before it starts picking up

I assume you netted these out back???

Hey Charlie, I dunno about mullet, but I was on the boat yesterday and seen acres and acres of peanuts out in front of the hook, I hope there are enough left in back just in case the bass decide to make a jersey shore showing

40 mins ago, crazybellringer said:

it's on out front

a little vague....Big blues, big stripers? weakfish? albies,sp.macks....or the snapper='Taylor sized blues I've been seeing all week....????

1 min ago, MarkG said:

a little vague....Big blues, big stripers? weakfish? albies,sp.macks....or the snapper='Taylor sized blues I've been seeing all week....????

I think he means the mullet. You think the east wind will hurt things this weekend. Looks like it might get cranking a little Saturday/ Sunday 

5 mins ago, Jim McFeeley said:

I think he means the mullet. You think the east wind will hurt things this weekend. Looks like it might get cranking a little Saturday/ Sunday 

maybe,,,

I saw, in one pass of bait in the wash>rain fish[bay anchovies], peanuts and I could swear I saw a mullet leap outta the water being chased by a snapper-saurus.

10 mins ago, Jim McFeeley said:

A northeast combined with the mullet run is what you want !!