Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cheech

Had a lawnmower bonehead moment

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

While replacing the oil fill cap/dipstick I dropped the ball. The thought of last weeks lawn bumblebee attack made me walk away for some spray to tuck in my belt. I pulled the handle and instantly got covered in a quart of oil that I thought was startup smoke while mowing about15 feet . Did get lucky in that after a refill it started right up.

8 hours ago, Gotcow? said:

There are easier and cleaner ways to change your oil.     :D

Yea, I don't have to change the oil now. A single bumble bee still came at me, since I got sprayed, he did too!

Thankfully I have a small lawn.  I gave up on gasoline mowers and went back to the old fashioned manual reel type lawn mower.  It takes up less space in the shed and never needs gas or maintenance.   Factoring the time spent gassing up and screwing around with engine and carb problems the reel mower is actually faster.  It only takes a little more effort and the cut is as good or better than a gas mower.

2010-20SG.png?itok=LqemvUhx

20 hours ago, mako capt said:

Thankfully I have a small lawn.  I gave up on gasoline mowers and went back to the old fashioned manual reel type lawn mower.  It takes up less space in the shed and never needs gas or maintenance.   Factoring the time spent gassing up and screwing around with engine and carb problems the reel mower is actually faster.  It only takes a little more effort and the cut is as good or better than a gas mower.

2010-20SG.png?itok=LqemvUhx

I used my 'Great states' push reel mower in the backyard that day, the front grass was too tall. The reel mowers cut instead of rip, and the time between cuts is longer. I  just wish they were wider, and edged better.

That is what all those illegal aliens are for. Let them mow with that push mower. Better for you the environment and 3 or 4 American dollars goes a long way for a Mexican