codfish

Favorite Albie fishing lure?

Rate this topic

47 posts in this topic

Its albie season that said whats your go to Albie lure? a picture gets you extra credit:):) for me 5 inch baby squid, with weighted hook pocket, pink or white

326-600x450 (1).jpg

Edited by codfish

Anything from a 7' to 9' stick and a reel that can handle 300 yds of 20 lb braid. At least around me.. I'm sure that changes in a big way around North Carolina. Big fish down that way.

3 hours ago, codfish said:

Its albie season that said whats your go to Albie lure? a picture gets you extra credit:):) for me 5 inch baby squid, with weighted hook pocket, pink or white

326-600x450 (1).jpg

I really like the look of those.

2 hours ago, Seaweed 65 said:

Anything from a 7' to 9' stick and a reel that can handle 300 yds of 20 lb braid. At least around me.. I'm sure that changes in a big way around North Carolina. Big fish down that way.

Not that I'm any albie expert but the only change for up north is the amount of line - 300 yds is a little overkill.

I'm thinking a 9-10 ft salmon rod might be a nice set up for albies too. Anyone have any experience with this set up for albies?

1 hour ago, Pescador710 said:

Not that I'm any albie expert but the only change for up north is the amount of line - 300 yds is a little overkill.

I'm thinking a 9-10 ft salmon rod might be a nice set up for albies too. Anyone have any experience with this set up for albies?

I've had 10 pound fish rip off 250 yds real quick. Just sayin' . I put the boots to my drag . I wouldn't put less than 300.

Back in the day my criteria for an Albie reel was 250ish plus of 10lb mono. 300 yds is a safe bet. I’m not a fan of salmon steelhead rods for Albies ... they bend in the butt section ... I like more power in the butt section to try to control them when they get near the beach.

Favorite Albie Lures

1) 18 gm green L-Jack Jig

2) 28 gm green L-Jack Jig

3) 5/16 oz Mag-Minnow Ayu

4) Deadly Dick #1 used to 

ale a color Chatruese which was more Olive

5) Swedish Pimple ....  Chartreuse 

Bone Rebel Jumpin’ Minnow. Like any other lure it doesn’t work all the time, but when it does the takes are insane. 

Edited by Seadogg