Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bstriping

Hatteras Jack

7 posts in this topic

Big shout out and THANK YOU!!! to Ryan White who got my old Daiwa Saltiga Surf 5500 reel up and running again.:th: Dropped it off to him in the Spring and told him I wouldn't be down till late Aug so no rush. Told me parts for my reel are very hard to find, but he found what I needed and kept the cost under $50. Initially took the reel to .... in Jersey, but they said the reel was unfixable cause parts can not be found for this reel. So when you are down and driving through Rodanthe, be sure to stop and say hi to Ryan. And if you have any questions, he WILL point you in the right direction:hooked:

Posted (edited)

X2. 4 or 5 years ago when we started going to the islands Ryan was and is a great help in fishing those waters. Didn't have any problem putting us on the fast track on equipment and types of bait without any expectations, like fisherman to fisherman . Real stand up guy.  Couldn't help but put a couple of Centuy's in the fold , twisted up so I could use them up here too and we try and get as much fishing stuff as I can from them. I'm going to drop off an Abu Record for a set of fast gears next time down.  Tight Lines

Edited by Dsc

Yep, great guy and shop. He has two of my Loomis rods that are getting handle length added and shrink wrap. He tuned two of my reels and a third new one. Keeps good fresh bait too. Not a bad caster either. 

I always make it a point to stop in there a few times when I'm down. absolutely no issues supporting him and other shops like his.

23 hours ago, hanlon-surf said:

I always make it a point to stop in there a few times when I'm down. absolutely no issues supporting him and other shops like his.

Absolutely.  Ryan and Frank & Fran's gets 99% of my business when I'm down.  Will be there on Monday for the week, need a fishing fix badly.

Any tackle shop you can walk into and find a tumbler of whisky chillin in the bait freezer is a favorite of mine....That being said I love that place.

I went my first time this weekend.

Went to Red drum first. Likely won't be back. If you want to know why, I'll answer in a PM, otherwise, I'll just say dont tell me one thing, then offer another - and don't feed me a line of **** just because I'm new. The one lady that works there is nice. Rest of them are... whatever.

As for Hatteras Jack, well - they got my business. Bought a diawa back bay rod and saltist reel from him because I needed a smaller setup than what I had. He spent time with me, and even showed me how to filet my first blue fish I caught and kept. Today I caught 4 fish on that new rod. I still want a medium-ish 9 foot bait rod, but its lower on the list and this back bay rod will throw 3oz enough. I spent more than I wanted to, but his help was worth it to me, and he was WAY better than the Red drum people.

I'll never forget how he helped me out. I'd like to find places to fish closer that way than the point. After one trip, the point is just meh. Too many people.