Another Shooting

Rate this topic

Sandflee

Been saying all along Video Games aren't helping

The players blissfully forgot about the problems of the real world, deeply engrossed in the virtual world of competitive gaming.

Perhaps their biggest worry was whether they would win the Madden tournament in Jacksonville, Florida, and earn the chance to compete for the big prize money in Las Vegas.
But just as a game kicked off, real gunfire erupted. Shooting victims screamed in agony. And those sounds were streamed live online for gaming fans to hear.

If you try to change it, you will ruin it. Try to hold it, and you will lose it.

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

no biggie, competitive gamers are worth less than vermin. 

The village, which had stood for maybe 1,000 years, didn't know we were coming that day. If they had, they would have run. boB was at the eye of our rage. And through him, our Captain Ahab. He would set things right again. That day, we loved him.

Interesting conversation came up yesterday at my son's soccer game.  Other parents were talking about their 9 and 10 year old kids playing Fortnight (stupid shooting game).  I was asked if my son plays.  I let them know that my wife and I do not let our kids play any shooting games (or watch them on youtube) because when he turns 10, he's going to the range with us to learn how to properly handle, fire and respect a firearm.  We don't want him to believe that a video game experience shooting and killing randomly is what real life is like or should imitate.  I was questioned repeatedly about allowing my son to handle a gun, how could I do that, etc.  I let them know how stupid they sounded as they were talking about allowing their kids to play a make believe shooting game for 6 hours a day and thinking you can shoot whoever you like and they'll just come back to life.  I'd rather he experiences the responsibility, rules and power of a real firearm and turn away from it than turn into a loser like this shooter who thinks life is a video game.

I don't blame video games by the way for violence like this.  I blame bad parenting and stupidity.  

Sometimes, when you're in a dark place, you think you've been buried, but you've actually been planted.  

2 mins ago, Sandflee said:

Gaming and Football, can we combine any 2 less lame activities?

can we add trolling for fish to that list????

Sometimes, when you're in a dark place, you think you've been buried, but you've actually been planted.