Rangler

Any collapsible surf rod option?

6 posts in this topic

Hi ,

I am looking to purchase a 10ft+ rod for surf fishing.

Battalion and prevail rod are my top options (recommendation around $100s is also welcomed!)

I see that they are 2 pc rods but wondering if the rod can be taken into parts? (for transport)

I am asking this because I have spinfisher v and description says it is 2 pc rod but can't take it into a part.. :(

Thanks!

The 8', 9' and 10' Penn Prevail surf spinning rods I am familiar with break into two parts (a 50/50 split).  They can be taken apart - sometimes the two pieces will get jammed/stuck together and be nearly impossible to separate.  The Penn Battalion surf spinning rods follow the same convention as the Prevail series. There may also be some one piece rods included in combo packages - but I'm not familiar with those.  OH 

Ps  Welcome to SOL.

Edited by Old Hunter

There are a few "travel" surf rods, in 4+ pieces. telescoping rods aren't popular in the US, as the earliest ones were pretty poor, but I understand they can be done well. No idea where to track down a good one though.

On 8/26/2018 at 7:38 PM, thedonald said:

Check these out. This is my back up rod for Mexico. packs down to 48" and there are a few different ratings to choose from.

Forgot to say thank you.

I went for this one. Not compact as collapsible ones but did its job done.