Chunkah

Station Wagon

Rate this topic

205 posts in this topic

Thinking of dumping my sedan for basically the same car, except it is a station wagon. The mileage is virtually the same, same engine, exact same interior (which was / is a huge draw)....it is just missing a few bells and whistles I have now like lane assist, rear parking camera, and paddle shifters. I'm not sure it has a DVD player or sd card slot either....will have to call and find out. This would make a great fishing vehicle for me as I can probably fit an 11' one piece rod inside it, and the pup could ride comfortably in the back. I love my car but the extra room would be great, and these wagons are pretty hard to come by, so this may be my only chance to grab one. Question is.....is a station wagon ghey? Might go good with my scarf....

wagons are the shiznit!

I loved the old ones, had a 70 something old vista  cruiser with the 455, loved that car!

anyway if anyone says its gay just smack em with your purse!

I took over the family mini van as my all purpose vehicle and I love it. No one else in the family will go in it and that’s fine with me. Right now in the back of it is a kayak, fishing gear, golf clubs, softball stuff and a few missing clams from the spring.

This has affirmed my feeling! I'm thinking I will head over later today and do it. Quick question.....given the similarity of the two vehicles (same make, model, year,) and the fact that my current car has a higher trim package, how much should I expect to spend? Almost seems like a straight swap to me, except the reconditioning of my existing ride. The wagon is listed at 15k, mine is worth about 13.5k according to Edmunds on a trade. 

Edited by Chunkah

Chunkah, what type of wagon ? I would love to get my hands on a Ford Country Squire,  rear facing jump seat in the back was the best ! If I hit the lottery I'd have one converted into a 4 wheel drive fishing vehicle.  Good luck with your swap/purchase. 

If its a dealer their probably gonna try to get about a $4000 difference. I would would try to get it to a $2500 difference and maybe if you push hard, a $2000 difference. @ $2000 that gives the dealer a $500 profit so unless he's really motivated he might not go for it.

Can you still get one with a rear facing seat and a window that rolls all the way down?  I remember trolling a bobber 100’ behind the grocery-go-getter 

Edited by pat the nat
Idiot