Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ternst87

New to Aberdeen/ Havre de Grace Area

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Good morning everyone,

My father recently moved down to Aberdeen, MD. I am trying to find out techniques, general locations, etc. for Stripers (Rockfish). He does not have a boat and will be fishing from the shore. I am going to visit him next weekend and would like to be able to do some fishing on the trip. Since I am a non resident of Maryland we were going to go to the VA complex across the river/bay since we are both veterans and fish from the concrete pad since I would not need to purchase a license, but am open to other areas. Would HdG pier be a better location? Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you.

Hi, Welcome to the forum. VA pier is Ok, not my first choice for stripers. You could try the rip rap around Turkey Point in the A,M. casting plugs. Striper fishing has been real slow . From what I understand you can maybe get some perch, catfish, . It's summer fishing. It's a little tough around here fishing with out a boat this time of year. Call Herb's Tackle in North East 410-287-5490 for info. You might want to see if you can get a 3 or 7 day fishing Lic. Thank you for your service. Tight line's.

Edited by hunter123

9 mins ago, hunter123 said:

Hi, Welcome to the forum. VA pier is Ok, not my first choice for stripers. You could try the rip rap around Turkey Point in the A,M. casting plugs. Striper fishing has been real slow . From what I understand you can maybe get some perch, catfish, . It's summer fishing. It's a little tough around here fishing with out a boat this time of year. Call Herb's Tackle in North East 410-287-5490 for info. You might want to see if you can get a 3 or 7 day fishing Lic. Thank you for your service. Tight line's.

Thank you for your reply. Do you know of any place that would rent fishing boats around there or a charter service? 

Yes. Herbs son Mike has a charter service . Call them. Conowingo dam is not good right now because of all the rain and the discharge from the dam. Also look up charters boats in the upper bay, I know there is more guides than just mike. If your coming down next week end ,I would call and get charter info ASAP.

Edited by hunter123