What is Really Afoot Right Now: Destroy Trump's Business and Family

Rate this topic

flyangler

First poll I have seen since conviction and plea. 

Voters Say Manafort, Cohen Verdicts No Criminal Problem for Trump

Rasmussen Reports

Friday, August 24, 2018

Voters still tend to think the highly publicized cases of Trump associates Paul Manafort and Michael Cohen will not cause criminal problems for the president, but it’s a party line vote.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 44% of Likely U.S. Voters think the conviction of Manafort and the guilty pleas of Cohen are likely to lead to criminal charges against Trump. Fifty percent (50%) consider that unlikely. This includes 20% who say it’s Very Likely and 24% who see it as Not At All Likely. 

The survey of 1,000 Likely Voters was conducted on August 22-23, 2018 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence.

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

8 hours ago, Retainer said:

Yeah, he was saying if Trump is squeezed enough, to the point he stands to lose his wealth, which would he decide to do? Continue to MAGA and run for a second term? Or resign to protect his wealth for his family, children, grandchildren etc.

I think it's too late to make that decision...the barn doors are already open.

My money is on MAGA 1st!

His country is more important than his wallet. 

He's been at the bottom before and ex-presidents have little trouble raking in the cash after leaving office.

Especially if they are a crooked as they say he is. ;)

8 hours ago, PlumFishing said:

It is certainly a double edged sword. 

Bernie’s wife and her running into the ground of a private college should also be fair game. It is a disqafier in my opinion. 

No it isnt.  Its a double standard.

That big fat hog roams free.  She has paid no price.

Edited by Little

“My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.”

Ayn Rand

From Tomkaz

Funny, two words jumped into my mind when I read your comment GC: civil war. 

1 hour ago, swnoel said:

Seems like Democrats are just fueling the next great civil war... great job they're doing.

That's the way I see it too.  It's gotten too intense not to end that way.

-

2 hours ago, J said:

My money is on MAGA 1st!

His country is more important than his wallet. 

He's been at the bottom before and ex-presidents have little trouble raking in the cash after leaving office.

Especially if they are a crooked as they say he is. ;)

1st I disagree with "his" country is more important than his wallet. His ego maybe but not his country.

2nd He IS as crooked as they say he is.

You’re not some crazy uncle you know!

I'm so glad I don't live in the fact-less bizarro world you live in...just sayin'.

Jim Treacher writes at PJMedia:

When you just knowyou're right, you'll figure out some rationalization to convince yourself that it's true, and that everybody telling you otherwise is part of the cover-up.

Unless, of course, you're a reporter journalist. Once you get your first byline in a mainstream publication, or your first cable news hit, or whatever personal and professional validation you need, it magically renders you immune to confirmation bias. You're now a devoted custodian of the narrative, and that narrative must be preserved at all costs. It's up to you to explain how the world really works to the faceless masses out there in flyover country.

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson