tidewaterfly

Air Brushing Soft Plastics?

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Has anyone here ever air brushed soft plastic lures? I'm interested in finding out what type, or types of paints are used. I've seen them, had some 6" & 9" shads that had the backs air brushed, but no idea what type of paint is used. Any help is appreciated! Thanks! 

Hi tidewaterfly   Here's one of Dahlberg's videos on making a Whig and has some Copic Airbrushing on soft plastics.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have the Copic Airbrushing System and use it on both Soft Plastics and Hard Plastics alike.   Here's a video that I put together which has various video clips demonstrating the versatility of the CAS.   You can PM me if you any questions. Good Luck.  Fly

Edited by flylikabird

Thanks for the reply & video's. I'll check them out. I know a few folks who use the Copic system for making fly rod poppers. This question was from a friend of mine who's getting into making his own lures. He's in Canada and interested in making them for Pike & Muskies and asked because he knew I made lures, and he had seen & used the type with the plastic tails. I couldn't answer his question, but knew it could be done and figured someone here might have done it! So, thanks again, appreciate the info! :theman: