Jon I

Huge News

400 posts in this topic

There's a Hobie dealer just 15 minutes from me in Succasunna.  I'm gonna check out the new Outback when it becomes available.  I think I'm gonna fall in love with it and buy it!  And sell my old one (2016).

1 hour ago, EliasV said:

New seat? It looks very compassish from pictures. Hope that seat don't suck even more. 

Yeah, it says it’s wider.

I imagine at that price they will start selling more Compasses. Yes there are more features but that price is really getting up there.

1 hour ago, Local24 SSP said:

Looking forward to seeing it in person. I just picked up a new 2018 outback about a month ago, maybe I should’ve waited...:fire:

quick edit—just got an email from hobie about pricing, here you go....

6B623EE4-00BD-4D40-BAF0-43B56AEBA700.png

So $250 more than the 2018 one.   For such a significant upgrade and redesign, that's not a bad bump.

Posted (edited)

24 mins ago, Jon I said:

yawn

I hear ya  Jon.  I refuse to drink the Hobie koolaide.   I did not expect Hobie to do anything for the lower seat, lighter kayak crowd.  

Edited by The Riddler

This model may make a good winter kayak fishing platform. I may order one for the hell of it. Easy to resell!

57 mins ago, GeoffT said:

So $250 more than the 2018 one.   For such a significant upgrade and redesign, that's not a bad bump.

I agree. 

41 mins ago, The Riddler said:

This model may make a good winter kayak fishing platform. I may order one for the hell of it. Easy to resell!

Honest question, what fishing kayak do you find yourself using the most? 

6 mins ago, Local24 SSP said:

I agree. 

Honest question, what fishing kayak do you find yourself using the most? 

Right now its the 2018 Revo 13 with the vantage Seat removed and the Swell 14 slides into second place.  I still need a November to April  platform where its a high and dry seat for the cold backwaters of Boston.!I may also do another Florida drive down  trip and having the  outback in the back waters wouod be fun.  Standing does help to see reds.  The PDL worked good with that. 

So if the vast majority of your fishing is done from a hobie, how exactly are you not “drinking the kool-aid?” 

I'm just glad they didn't update the Revo with anything tempting, now I can go ahead with buying the 2018 demo I put a deposit on.  

New Outback is the love child of a menage a trois between the PA, Revo, and Compass. Can’t tell who the real father is.

Always wondered why the R13 has 1 cupholder while the R11 amd R16 has 2...