Jon I

Huge News

400 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Holy crap!  A low seat, line  of kayaks for the open water kayak fisherman with an industry standard lifetime hull warranty? Outstanding!

Edited by The Riddler

Posted (edited)

Lifetime warranty!  Finally!  Maybe???

Edited by GeoffT

When I was at the dealer yesterday they said they had a webinar today announcing new 2019 stuff. Hard to imagine they would be announcing yet another kayak what with the Compass having just come out. The 180 drive is also fairly recent so...???  If it is a warranty improvement I wonder if I can get them to apply it to the 2018 demo I'm buying..... 

I'm hoping for some slick changes in the revo lineup. Maybe update the lowrance ready system to better support those long skinny side scan 'ducers. No major complaints on seat from me, but thinking they could lower it a bit. Maybe integrated gear traks

But I got a feeling they might announce something totally new ...like when the eclipse came out. 

3 mins ago, odiemike86 said:

hatches that are water tight?

That's a good one, for sure.

45 mins ago, kinghong1970 said:

wasn't it their new bouncy transducer thingy?

& only on PA's ......

27 mins ago, odiemike86 said:

hatches that are water tight?

Hulls cant be air tight so they cannot be water tight.  They need ventilation so they don't explode when the air warms up and expands.  The rudder line may also be letting some water in.  Kayaking is a water spot.

I wonder if they are going to make changes to the drive to put another patent on.

6 mins ago, bantis said:

Hulls cant be air tight so they cannot be water tight.  They need ventilation so they don't explode when the air warms up and expands.  The rudder line may also be letting some water in.  Kayaking is a water spot.

I wonder if they are going to make changes to the drive to put another patent on.

I'm not talking the hull, im talking my center hatch. My center hatch leaks  even from a little bit of water since day one. Not worried the amount of water getting in, it's more the fact that crab and fish juice leaks into the hull making it smell horrible. I bought my girlfriend a $500 kayak and the hatch is superior to the hobie center hatch.  

Just now, odiemike86 said:

I'm not talking the hull, im talking my center hatch. My center hatch leaks  even from a little bit of water since day one. Not worried the amount of water getting in, it's more the fact that crab and fish juice leaks into the hull making it smell horrible. I bought my girlfriend a $500 kayak and the hatch is superior to the hobie center hatch.  

Oh my mistake, I thought you were talking about the front hatch.  My center hatch kind of sucks too.  the gasket tends to twist on mine.  I took it off and cleaned it, but I pretty much stopped using it all together.  I want to install one of the square ones but 100 dollars for  quality of life upgrade seems too steep for me to justify.

1 min ago, bantis said:

Oh my mistake, I thought you were talking about the front hatch.  My center hatch kind of sucks too.  the gasket tends to twist on mine.  I took it off and cleaned it, but I pretty much stopped using it all together.  I want to install one of the square ones but 100 dollars for  quality of life upgrade seems too steep for me to justify.

I cleaned the gasket too, worked great for a trip or two now back to worthless haha. I saw a non Hobie kayak with a square hatch that looked lie a pelican case lid. Looked really nice

My center hatches do pretty well actually, just when i open them water will drip in if any is on top. The big front hatches on the outback and revo 13 let in lots of water on the choppy days. Revo 16 front hatch is much much better.