Retainer

October trip

75 posts in this topic

Nice catch!

Keep them biting I just finalized by stay in Avon and will be arriving Oct 20 for three beautiful weeks.

We will be back in a couple weeks. Its about 2.5 hours to the Oregon inlet. another 20 or so to Rodanthe I guess. We will probably get a cabin as theyre like 50 bucks a day.

3 hours ago, ghost said:

Retainer

Is that right across from the ferry?

No, farther north in Summer Place just past the Hatteras Realty office in Hatteras.

Those houses at the ferry, well let’s just say they are out of my reach. Those are huge and made for multiple families.

1 hour ago, bstriping said:

Nice meeting ya and chatting yesterday. Hope the bait helped ya out.:hooked:  

Thanks for stopping by, and same. Your bait is on ice awaiting a nice drum tomorrow morning.:howdy:

And now we are looking at some tropical conditions on Thursday.

5 hours ago, ghost said:

Retainer how is the fishing, I will be arriving 10/20 for three beautiful weeks. Staying in Avon.

Fishing is so so. I have been fishing mainly in front of the house the last few days, wife is here and my youngest. Mostly bluefish on the outer bar, and today I was fishing inside due to rough conditions. Had a few flounder, sheepshead and sea mullet, all on shrimp.

i may head down before dark for a shot at a drum on the incoming, right now we are cooking some trout.

tomorrow is not looking good. 

Friday and Saturday look nice, if the wind goes offshore I will have some surf, but I’m not 25 anymore lol

I gave it a shot for a drum for about an hour after dinner. No luck. Now we are just hunkering down for this storm coming through. It is moving fast and we should have some stiff SW wind which will be good for the south side. I’m hoping the fishing doesn’t take too big of a hit.

North side, is north of the Point, where the ocean is to the East of the land.  South side is south of the Point, where the island turns, and the ocean is to the South of the land.  Different winds and other conditions are more favorable for one vs. the other.  Same can be said of the Sound behind the island too.