Picked up the new Daiwa Mebachi Popper

Rate this topic

ThrowinPlugs

Stopped into my local shop today on a whim after hearing they received a full shipment of the new poppers Daiwa just released. Gotta say, they look pretty nice and feel great! The cup on the face is very deep which should add a bit more splash with every pop. They offer a sinking and floating option, I picked a floater. Nice heavy duty hardware and VMC trebles. These are definitely eye catchers, speaking of eyes; these are awesome! Nice detail and color. Paint was a little bubbly in the cup, but more than acceptable. They had all the standard colors (chicken scratch, bone, Mack etc) but I HAD to pick this one up because...well I don't have anything in this pattern and I think it looks cool (ha ha). This is the 2.25oz size, size-wise it's between a Gibbs 2 3/8oz and 3.5oz Polaris. It does rattle, however the ball bearings inside do not really shift much to aid in casting, so I'm curious to see how well it flies. I'm sure it'll fly straight and true with little wobble though. Until this nasty storm passes I won't be able to try it. Oh well. Just felt like sharing, anyone fish them yet?

IMG_2002.JPG

IMG_2003.JPG

IMG_2006.JPG

IMG_2007.JPG

• 2 months later...
On 8/18/2018 at 7:07 PM, ThrowinPlugs said:

I mean, realistically I don't know how well it'll work pattern-wise for bass but bluefish care not. Hah!

Did you get a chance to cast it out yet? Haven’t seen one in person yet but I hear they have a tight wiggle underwater when retrieved slowly like sinking little necks do.

thanks

(*member formerly known as 'ER31400')

41 mins ago, Mack26 said:

What was the cost TP, are they reasonable?

I was taking a look at these. They sell for $20, and appear to be a well made popper. According to there add they where designed for Bass to Bluefin tuna.

On 8/18/2018 at 5:50 PM, Steg said:

Looks good.

I have seen a few with that colour scheme - but maybe not from a big manufacturer like Daiwa.

That's a clown fish, as in nemo. I wish daiwa came out with a Barney color so we can have our revenge of sitting through so many repeating video loops of that mind numbing stuff.

35 mins ago, Lou T said:

I was taking a look at these. They sell for $20, and appear to be a well made popper. According to there add they where designed for Bass to Bluefin tuna.

Thanks Lou, that’s a decent price! They look very durable, may have to check them out. :th:

37 mins ago, hobobob said:

That's a clown fish, as in nemo. I wish daiwa came out with a Barney color so we can have our revenge of sitting through so many repeating video loops of that mind numbing stuff.

just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, 

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims

I saw them the other day, thought they should have come in at a better price point. For the same price you can get a superstrike, which is a proven fish catcher.

I cant bring myself to throw $20 plugs at bluefish. For $10 they crush the tsunami 6 inch talkin popper. Can pop or pencil.

Just my 2 cents, tight lines....