Fish it all

Shark attack Massachusetts

149 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Figured it would be only a matter of time before there was a run in with a shark out there.

Can't think of the last shark attack in the New England area.

(from WCVB website)

Authorities were investigating a shark attack involving a human at an ocean-facing beach in Truro.

Truro police were first notified about the incident at Long Nook Beach before 4:30 p.m. Wednesday afternoon. 

Sources tell WCVB a man was bitten in the leg by a shark. A medical helicopter has been called to the area.

Officials closed Long Nook Beach to swimming until further notice.

There have been several shark sightings in the area in recent days.

In the past decade, the Cape Cod region, especially Truro, has seen an increase in its population of gray and harbor seals. The increased seal population has attracted great white sharks, which depend on seals as the staple of their diet.

Edited by TimS
link removed/text added

I’m in North Truro as we speak. Saw the helicopter earlier today, we’re enjoying Cape Cod Bay after we saw all the shark warnings and dead seals washing up. 

7679EE36-EEA1-4F6F-BADA-F068C870B478.jpeg

E9CC55BF-90AF-4207-BC21-2AFA5D9B49C2.jpeg

15 mins ago, Fish it all said:

Can't think of the last shark attack in the New England area.

There was one recently in same area.  I think 3 years ago.  Then there was the white that knocked the two girls of a kayak outside Dux bay a few years ago.

I couldn't for the life of me remember if there was an actual report of a swimmer getting bit. 

Thanks.

Some decent sized white sharks getting pretty close to shore , has to suck getting whacked by a GWS.

Your in the water , your not a the top of the food chain anymore , Life has risks .

News said last attack where someone got bit was 6 years. Friggin Pat’s fans sent me up here 2 months ago when I was looking for an area to stay in Mass Forum . Shark bait!

2 mins ago, Firinne said:

News said last attack where someone got bit was 6 years. Friggin Pat’s fans sent me up here 2 months ago when I was looking for an area to stay in Mass Forum . Shark bait!

:laugh:

There showing the damn shark still swimming around on the news. Beach in still open 

5 mins ago, Firinne said:

Damn.  Time does fly.  I remember they did an interview of him in the hospital.  

I dated a girl last year that was a swimmer.  She swam over a mile a day.  In a black wetsuit. Off Nauset.  She said "we don't go out far".  She had a PHD in biochemistry.  You can not teach common sense.

The two dim bulbs that had a run in at Duxbury were (by the terms used by the EPO's) harassing the shark, provoking the encounter.

61 year old man swimming. At 61 you just don't give a **** anymore I guess. Been there done that. Still, You have to have some balls to go out there free swimming when there are Sharks in as little as 5' of water. There has been a lot of Easterly wind and I am sure the visibility is low.

Posted (edited)

46 mins ago, Firinne said:

I’m in North Truro as we speak. Saw the helicopter earlier today, we’re enjoying Cape Cod Bay after we saw all the shark warnings and dead seals washing up. 

7679EE36-EEA1-4F6F-BADA-F068C870B478.jpeg

E9CC55BF-90AF-4207-BC21-2AFA5D9B49C2.jpeg

please coat yourself inside and out with 

See the source image

wouldn't hurt to keaster a bunker or to and get out there...though  always remember its illegal to fish for them

Edited by Bernie12