Shark attack at longnook in Truro

Rate this topic

catatonic

link removed

TRURO — A MedFlight has been called for a person at Long Nook Beach with a deep puncture wound, according to the Truro police. The town website says there was a reported shark bite, and the beach has been closed to swimming until further notice.

The person is being brought to Wellfleet to meet the flight, a police dispatcher said.

Edited by TimS
link removed

Fishing kills me exactly as it keeps me alive.

Hemingway, Old Man and the Sea

_/\____\o/_  ---("help! shark!")

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

As if this wasn't expected at some point....

Big fan of Carcharodon carcharias... but we can only roll the dice so many times when playing in their hunting grounds, before a toothy shark/human interaction occurs. Hope the guy makes it.

18 mins ago, rst3 said:

_/\____\o/_  ---("help! shark!")

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

As if this wasn't expected at some point....

Big fan of Carcharodon carcharias... but we can only roll the dice so many times when playing in their hunting grounds, before a toothy shark/human interaction occurs. Hope the guy makes it.

This is true.....my buddies and I have always said about fishing from our kayaks here that once you’ve paddles 10 feet from shore......you’ve bought in the game.

You dont have to swim faster than the shark........you only have to swim faster than your slowest friend.

Looks like it was a surfer that got tagged. Lots of "clotting agents" used to stem blood loss. Report says hip area got the business.

Probably one of their characteristic bite-then-fallback attacks they seem to do on seals a lot.  

If that person got hit in the area you specified it can be devestating.  

The femoral artery is a large artery in the thigh and the main arterialsupply to the leg. It enters the thigh from behind the inguinal ligament as the common femoral artery, a continuation of the external iliac artery.

I hope he or she obviously makes it and doesn't have to lose a limb.   

ZLX is playing Comfortably Numb as I type.   God speed!

"For our discussion of kayak angling is no trifling matter but is the way to conduct our lives, nobody untrained in fishing may enter my house."- Fly's Plato

Newsweek had this..

The injured person, reportedly a 61-year-old man, was bitten in the leg, according to WCVB. An emergency services helicopter was on the scene. CBS Boston reports it was a surfer.

"For our discussion of kayak angling is no trifling matter but is the way to conduct our lives, nobody untrained in fishing may enter my house."- Fly's Plato

3 mins ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Wish these sharks would kick it into high gear on these seals...... Sharknado style. 

+1

G.B.O.G.H. -- DT326

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."--M. Mead

Be safe, be smart, be kind.--Gary Crocker, Maine Humorist/Philosopher