gray gables

Iphone vs Android and why?

Rate this topic

95 posts in this topic

Who's picking what and why? I need a new phone and gotta decide on one this week with sprint. I take alot of photos with my phone for my business which then goes onto fb so that is kind of important to me. 

Samsung s9+

has an excellent camera and does a bunch of fancy stuff I'll never figure out lol

had an iPhone,  never agam! 

I swear posting a picture anywhere was a chore...

I've always been an Android user.  Like someone said before, it's a great interface, packed with useful functions.

iPhones are nothing more than a tool to keep your whiny kid quiet.

I got a cheep phone (LG Charge) after my old phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 6) drowned in a thunderstorm while camping at Assateague. It was like $125, and it does everything 

If money were no object, I'd get the new Note 9. But the damn thing is a thousand clams; screw that. The cheap phone works good for me, and I don't need to worry about paying for insurance or dropping it in the drink. If that happens, I'll just get another one.

Apple phones are one of the best products out there. Having said that, I think you would be better off with an Android phone. As other's have said, your tied down using Apples stuff, all proprietary, kind of like being hand cuffed at all times, not the case with Android... ton's of apps, to choose from as well.

The new Samsung phone is very nice. Google's Pixel XL phone is also very nice. If you can wait a little, since it isn't out yet, the new LG Thin Q phone looks really good too.

I use an iphone for work and and android (LG) for personal. I find the iphone more responsive but don't like the keyboard and some of the other functions. The android is slower response time but I get better service with the android ( both Verizon) also find the android battery life is better.

I don't need a note, I don't game, stream music, send emails or all that other crap. I call, I text, take photos, put them to my fb business page. Pretty much it, plus my customers usually give me their password to their wifi when I'm working in their house. 1k for a phone no friggin way.

22 mins ago, i07nyc said:

I use an iphone for work and and android (LG) for personal. I find the iphone more responsive but don't like the keyboard and some of the other functions. The android is slower response time but I get better service with the android ( both Verizon) also find the android battery life is better.

Same scenario for me. Except the slow response on the Android. I have the Pixel 2xl. I will say, being an Android for years, the pure Android experience you get from the Google phones is great. None of the bloat and garbage that come with all others. I've had my iPhone 6s for over two years and it's ok. Like all will, the battery is shot. I've always had issues with the Bluetooth on the iPhone. I just can't get past the restrictiveness of Apple products. 

And despite all the memes, Android cameras are generally better than their iPhone equivalent. It's compression across iMessage and SMS text that ruins the pictures and videos. Google is due to release an Android messenger that will eliminate that issue, soon. 

8 mins ago, gray gables said:

I don't need a note, I don't game, stream music, send emails or all that other crap. I call, I text, take photos, put them to my fb business page. Pretty much it, plus my customers usually give me their password to their wifi when I'm working in their house. 1k for a phone no friggin way.

Honestly, most decent phones now will do just fine for posting pics online. FB and Instagram and such compress the pictures way down. 

8 mins ago, Scallywag said:

Same scenario for me. Except the slow response on the Android. I have the Pixel 2xl. I will say, being an Android for years, the pure Android experience you get from the Google phones is great. None of the bloat and garbage that come with all others. I've had my iPhone 6s for over two years and it's ok. Like all will, the battery is shot. I've always had issues with the Bluetooth on the iPhone. I just can't get past the restrictiveness of Apple products. 

And despite all the memes, Android cameras are generally better than their iPhone equivalent. It's compression across iMessage and SMS text that ruins the pictures and videos. Google is due to release an Android messenger that will eliminate that issue, soon. 

Ours are equipped with credit card swipes and Bluetooth printers. A few times a week I have to reboot everything to get Bluetooth to work. Its a pia especially when your standing there with someone's credit card and it takes 3 min to reboot.

1 hour ago, gray gables said:

I take alot of photos with my phone for my business which then goes onto fb so that is kind of important to me. 

Just an aside...

There's cameras now that let you post directly to face book and other business sites. (I don't know anything about them. I just know they exist.) :)