Picture Board

Rate this topic

beatonem

1 hour ago, Canal Raider said:

Not a Florida fish (I wish we had these down here) caught this pig when I went back home to visit on Christmas, such an underrated fish..this fish was pushing 20lbs (guesstimate)

Screenshot_20190417-211354_Fishbrain.jpg

Is that a grass carp ? If so, they have them in Florida. Here is my son with one, I estimated this around 50 lbs or more.

0D4D13CD-5901-4BC4-BF68-170E445F16F6.jpeg.c82a25f5513b4daf5390b4acbfa4ba03.jpeg

You put a pig on a spit, and you can guarantee my attendance.

4 mins ago, Stuu said:

Is that a grass carp ? If so, they have them in Florida. Here is my son with one, I estimated this around 50 lbs or more.

0D4D13CD-5901-4BC4-BF68-170E445F16F6.jpeg.c82a25f5513b4daf5390b4acbfa4ba03.jpeg

Nah, it's a common carp..awesome to sight fish for with light tackle/fly rod, ..they make blistering runs, think giant bonefish..

Edited by Canal Raider

Ahhh no that's our grass carp... see how long he is as where a common carp is more rounded also look at the mouth and scales on the first picture, you will notice the common carp (first picture) mouth is located below the head and his scales are alot smaller... and if you do happen to catch one, it best to not fight him too long, get him in quick take a fast picture if you need too and get him back in the water... They burn up really quick and dont' survive if they arent put back in.. i have to move them around until they were good to go before i release them...I wasnt targeting them a half dozen got stuck over a spillway after a huge rain storm a few yrs back and we got them out.. and they were a handful... all survive :rav: also looks like your son snag him and that's the worst place, it must have taken him a bit to get him in.

Edited by Drako
Semper Fi > Always Faithful
"Everytime History repeats itself, the price of the lesson goes up"

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...