Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tlom285

Zeebaas Opinion

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I have have the opportunity to pick up a Zeebaas ZX2-22 for a pretty good price.  I've been fishing both VS and Shimano products for years. I have no experience with a Zeebaas.  Can anyone give me feedback. Pros / Cons / thoughts.  

Would be pairing this with a Lami 1081L around the CT shoreline & some RI fishing.

Love my ZB, but that's a lot of reel for a 1081L. A VS150 on that rod would be nice and light, fun to fish.

ZX22 weighs 21+ oz spooled, close to what a VS 200 weighs.  A spooled VS150 weighs a little more than half that.  If you have either VS, try them on the 1081L before you commit to the ZB or put the ZB on a longer rod.  Just my $.02 

Thanks for the advice. I was concerned about the weight as well.  I have a VS100 that's working fine on it now.  Ideally the 150 would be perfect, but I'm not complaining!  It's a light set up that's a blast to fish!

ZB better on a 10 footer? 

15 hours ago, tlom285 said:

ZB better on a 10 footer? 

Yep the weight of all sizes of ZB are better suited for heavy 9 footers or 10+ footers imo

I have paired my zb 22 to a 9ft surf legend, I am pretty sure it can handle a 10´6 NP. It is a good reel, smoother drag than the VS.