Cape Cod Canal this morning

Rate this topic

ksong

1 hour ago, Mikeinri said:

Those cows don’t even taste good.  But they have to keep them because by the time the measure it and weight it and photos and show everyone it’s dead anyway.  

Keep your good spots secret everyone!!

When I’m in my waders and it’s 2 am and I catch a big one i’m by myself theres nobody to show.. and can’t access my phone easily not that the pic would even show up. But it’s either enjoy it and get a chance to catch that fish again 10 lbs heavier or take people and pics and your spot looks like the ccc next year.  

Mike you nailed it everyone wants to be the Instgram queen.  Sad fishing for hearts from other dudes.   But the killing of big fish which taste like crap IMO is whats really makes me sick.  They cant afford some nice cod loins from from local seafood market? Really sucks I could go on but but certains kinds would be butt hurt lol.  

Edited by Reel1in

We were there a couple weeks ago. Used to go a couple times every year, but after this trip, we agreed it would probably be our last. The amount of people, the lack of any sort of etiquette,  and most importantly, the sight of all those cows, breeders, being taken was too much. I don’t judge anyone for keeping what they catch, but there’s just something really cold-blooded about it up there. Kind of heartbreaking to see. 

16CB6B56-B0FC-40F3-81B1-CB77FA997C1D.jpeg

41 mins ago, KSantangelo said:

We were there a couple weeks ago. Used to go a couple times every year, but after this trip, we agreed it would probably be our last. The amount of people, the lack of any sort of etiquette,  and most importantly, the sight of all those cows, breeders, being taken was too much. I don’t judge anyone for keeping what they catch, but there’s just something really cold-blooded about it up there. Kind of heartbreaking to see. 

16CB6B56-B0FC-40F3-81B1-CB77FA997C1D.jpeg

I’m glad that I’m not the only one that feels this way.  I haven’t fished the CCC, but based on the pics, it seems like people are just trying to kill as many as possible.  If they’re doing everything legally, then it’s their right to keep, but why keep the cows?  I just don’t get it.  Maybe it’s my bass tournament background, but C&R always seemed like the best course of action.  I always love the look of disgust on the face of meat fishermen when you release a fish, it makes me smile every single time!

17 hours ago, ksong said:

When sun came up, most anglers left the Canal. It is time to test casting.

3 plus oz Magic Swimmee with 10' Black Hole Suzuki rod

20180813_124844.jpg

I like the handle of this better than my 9'6 suzuki rod.

I fished every morning with mine last week and like the way it casts. I haven't caughta decent fish on it yet.

troll #122  <*)))<

Come on where’s everyone’s sense of spirit. If you don’t want crowds gonfish the lonely open beach at night. I had a blast at the canal and am dying to get back. Coming from NJ a crowd doesn’t bother me I guess. Last time I was at the canal there was a group of maybe 10-15 guys about 150 yards from me they were hooting and hollerin’ all morning I was cracking up watching those guys. 

Anyway nice work kil it’s refreshing to see a rod guy actually go out and fish. There’s a reason blackhole is the most talked about rod on this site. 

The crowds this morning was stacked, I arrived at 2AM thinking to myself "It's Tuesday, I doubt people will be around" NOPE! Walked down from the parking lot and there were probably 14 guys lined up on the rocks already, kept walking down further and there were more and more and more, finally found a spot where no one was and had a decent morning today. Had 1 tangle, nothing major, although 50 yards to my right there were probably about 16 guys literally 3 ft away from each other all casting magic swimmers, they were catching them though, met 2 guys there and chit chatted a little bit before I left that was pretty cool.