great food and drinks for a good cause

Rate this topic

bobber

some of you may know that I'm on the Guilford Shellfish Commission-   we are having a fundraiser for a scholarship that was established in memory of Alison Varian  (former commissioin chair and just all-around awesome person) who died last Spring after battling cancer....

We are having an "oyster and clam festival" on September 8th at the Guilford Fairgrounds from 12N-4pm.  Donation is $25/person and includes all you can eat STELLA MAR Oysters (the finest oysters around btw) CW Shellfish clams, and Thimble Islands beer(!).  plus free hamburgers/hot dogs and soft drinks for kids (under 10) .  we'll have music and raffles (some nice fishng gear is being donated by Rivers End and Captain Morgans) plus other local businesses are contributing some great stuff as well :)

PLEASE JOIN US!  tickets are available from me or thru eventbrite.com.    its gonna be fun and for a great cause-  the scholarships go to local high school kids going on to study aquaculture in college.      

its all about da fishes...

3 hours ago, bobber said:

some of you may know that I'm on the Guilford Shellfish Commission-   we are having a fundraiser for a scholarship that was established in memory of Alison Varian  (former commissioin chair and just all-around awesome person) who died last Spring after battling cancer....

We are having an "oyster and clam festival" on September 8th at the Guilford Fairgrounds from 12N-4pm.  Donation is $25/person and includes all you can eat STELLA MAR Oysters (the finest oysters around btw) CW Shellfish clams, and Thimble Islands beer(!).  plus free hamburgers/hot dogs and soft drinks for kids (under 10) .  we'll have music and raffles (some nice fishng gear is being donated by Rivers End and Captain Morgans) plus other local businesses are contributing some great stuff as well :)

PLEASE JOIN US!  tickets are available from me or thru eventbrite.com.    its gonna be fun and for a great cause-  the scholarships go to local high school kids going on to study aquaculture in college.      

I don't get it, why are you posting this 4 days after the event?

====Mako Mike====
Makomania Sportfishing
Pt. Judith, RI

I wanna bump this up-   please consider coming out for this(!~)   the food (and BEER) is gonna be great, and its a STEAL at this price if ya think about it..... :howdy:

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2018 at 11:09 PM, bobber said:

I wanna bump this up-   please consider coming out for this(!~)   the food (and BEER) is gonna be great, and its a STEAL at this price if ya think about it..... :howdy:

I'll be coming with a few families. Can we buy tickets at the gate?

This ground is not the rock I thought it to be.....

we are TRYING to sell tickets in advance just to get a head count......  (I can meet you somewhere if you're around?)

but yes-   tickets will be available at the gate as well

thanks for your interest!