gcjeep14

Best albie set up from the beach ?

79 posts in this topic

My favorite set up is a Stradic 5000 paired with a tsunami air wave elite 9’6. I will be using braided line with fluorocarbon leader with small metals.

1 min ago, gcjeep14 said:

My favorite set up is a Stradic 5000 paired with a tsunami air wave elite 9’6. I will be using braided line with fluorocarbon leader with small metals.

Very good setup for beach albie fishing. Stradic 5000 with a number of good 8-9 foot surf rods is excellent.

Best albie set up from the beach ?

LOL

Here we go

I would love to hear this one

:banghd:   :howdy:   :banghd:

The shimano sedona 5000 is a good price point reel well under 100.00. The drag is good but for 10.00 you can upgrade to carbon fibre very easy to install. I use 20 lb power pro and a 9 ft tica rod. You can but this outfit together under 200.00. Good luck with your fishing.

I have a daiwa 8'6" steelhead rod rated to 1oz, with a Okuma cj40 loaded with 10# braid. It will handle 1 1/2oz.

Or I have a Star Stellar lite, 7'6" rated to 1 1/2oz paired with a 4k Battle 2, 20# braid.

I can go up to a Triumph, 9' rated for 2 1/2oz.

Which is better for Albies from the beach?

Thanks in advance!

3000 stradic on a Loomis NRX 923S was last years combo for albies from the beach... served me well and landed countless albies and bonito last season....  this year I replaced the 3000 stradic with the vr50.. should perform equally as well come this fall.. 

I think any rod between 7.5 and 9.5 feet with a weight and action sufficient for launching small lures great distances should suffice for albies from beach or jetti.. I like smaller reels and less drag just to maximize the experience and hear that drag tear off.. 3000 sized seems to be my go to for many years targeting these fish..

I'll take speed, accuracy, and a little clairvoyance over the best rod and reel.

On 8/11/2018 at 7:46 PM, jesgord said:

9’6” Black Hole Suzuki/VR50. 

does the vr50 have the line retrieve you want  for albies?  It's hard to match a reel with high line retrieve and a 9 foot rod. 

1 min ago, crazybellringer said:

does the vr50 have the line retrieve you want  for albies?  It's hard to match a reel with high line retrieve and a 9 foot rod. 

Well yes it does at 37 inches per crank. 

Any rod and reel that will deliver small tins to max distance is fine.  

This is one fishery in which a fluorocarbon leader can really matter. 

‘gossa 6000, 9’ Diawa SP Coastal; 20# Power Pro,clear leader, 7/8oz olive Hogy Epoxy. No hardware, just knots. 

Posted (edited)

Just put together this sweet combo. Black Hole Suzuki Special 10' and Tsunami Shield TSHD 5000. J&H Tackle spooled me up with PowerPro 20# Braid and I got a couple of the new Hogy's. WTF? (where's the fish)

Tight lines guys.

20180811_173450.jpg

20180813_171517.jpg

Edited by joetackle