Tackle

Bonito’s are in!!

61 posts in this topic

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:38 PM, Popasilov said:

LOL

Parking and town pass are number #1 thing with those spot burns.

You have a local guide, don't worry.

Had a good day at the east end yesterday never seen them blitz like crazy! Still didn’t catch one tho. Craziest blitz I’ve ever seen. Happened too quick and they came back 4 more times. The amount of bait on the water right now seems to draw them in casting range. Lots of fly rod guys camping spoke to one of them yesterday and he said that he hasn’t sleep for days lmaooo 

On 9/6/2018 at 3:36 AM, reelfire said:

If Frazer don't get you, one of us other locals will. Much of our access is technically off limits. We don't burn our spots.  So keep your damn mouth shut.

Let the crowd go to rocky pt. Apparently, it's on fire there now.

On 9/6/2018 at 3:37 AM, reelfire said:

You have a local guide, don't worry.

Thank you brother.

:howdy:

Not asking for spots....just wondering if anyone has started seeing/catching any albies on the East End Sound beaches?

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, fishfigure said:

jamaica  has them

They have Bonito there too ;-)

Screen Shot 2018-09-13 at 2.48.56 PM.png

Edited by jesgord

On 9/8/2018 at 9:50 AM, fishfigure said:

Let the crowd go to rocky pt. Apparently, it's on fire there now.

Can’t tell if you’re trolling or just that dense. Either way it probably doesn’t end well for you. Respect the damn community. 

On 9/5/2018 at 0:59 PM, Grayson said:

People in florida call falsies Bonita. They also call true bonito northern mackerel so take that how it is.

Rednecks might call them that. I'm from Fla,  Bonito had teeth.

And a dolphin is a fish not this Mahi Hawaiian it sounds better to sell in a restaurant crap. Your right though transplants in fla have a different language.

3 hours ago, Always_NoFo said:

Can’t tell if you’re trolling or just that dense. Either way it probably doesn’t end well for you. Respect the damn community. 

Some guys don’t get burning because they are not true fishermen or are to young to remember what good fishing was like. These idiot YouTube guys have done enough damage to some great spots. 

2 hours ago, hydraman said:

Some guys don’t get burning because they are not true fishermen or are to young to remember what good fishing was like. These idiot YouTube guys have done enough damage to some great spots. 

I fall under that second category being in my early 20s, but this is common sense. The open beaches on the North Fork are already a circus this time of year. People are gonna start lining up from point to point at this rate...Is there anyone on YouTube other than John Skinner that fishes the North Fork? At least with JS you wouldn't know where he fishes unless you spent a bit of time exploring on your own.

On 9/13/2018 at 10:52 AM, jesgord said:

Not asking for spots....just wondering if anyone has started seeing/catching any albies on the East End Sound beaches?

I spent some time at sunrise on Sunday at the beach just short of the farm stand that was spot burnt already.  No takers (although I remain king of the sea robin with 4 in just under 2 hours).  There was only one guy fishing next to me, and he told me that he had hit them in his kayak from the same beach the day before, that they were just past the shoal and out of casting reach, FWIW.

No signs of life while I was out, but the water was calm as glass.

One pod this morning. Came and left fast. Wind will be low through the weekend with some sun finally.  Soon we’ll have em...