Dirty Walter

Bonito reports?

Rate this topic

70 posts in this topic

I’m down in soco for the week and will be fishing hard every day, I’ve been hearing some reports of bones a bit further to the east than I care to drive... anyone catching these funny fish between gansett and Charlestown? I know big bass ain’t happening this year so bonito would be just as good if I could hook up!!! 

I saw some birds working last week, I assume over bones, but I couldn't catch one. This was somewhere between 1 and 2 miles off the beach.

3 hours ago, MakoMike said:

I saw some birds working last week, I assume over bones, but I couldn't catch one. This was somewhere between 1 and 2 miles off the beach.

Out of shore casting reach for sure.

Had one day where I caught 2 from shore sandwiched around two days of no bonito action whatsoever...Hope it's not a repeat of last year where I had a 2 bonito day right off the bat, then not catching another one until the very end of Aug (before, but during the same week when albies crashed the party)

Bonito2018.jpg

bonito2018-2.jpg

1 hour ago, Dirty Walter said:

I got 8 of them today. Finally!!!!!! 

4CD8EEBD-AA9F-4064-BD69-99F65543DADB.jpeg

I know those rocks and i'm kicking myself in the arse for not going there instead (still trying to hook up on my 1st bonito).

Nice catch!