Hook I

Another NFL Boycott Season 2018/19

Rate this topic

241 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Beastly Backlash said:

Idk, I would rather see the guys put on flags then get flagged for a good tackle.

Excessive penalties that decide games bother me. I can see it now, you need a score to win the game, you are on your own 5yd line, what do you do? Draw penalties until you get into field goal range.:upck:

Not to different then basketball players taking a fall for a charging penalty or soccer guys falling over when someone steals the ball from them to try and draw a card. Its crap.

Could happen. I hope not

Excessive penalties that decide games bother me." and it should, excessive penalties can easily be blamed on the ref, however excessive penalties should be blamed on the coach, staff and players.

There are some teams that have a ton of penalties and others that are not even close, why is that?

Its coaching!

in this situation I find that the people that really walked away from the nfl did so quietly. the ones that are constantly rah-rah'n are almost exclusively full of chit. 

My neighbor tells me every chance he gets (anytime I'm wearing eagles gear) how he's done with the NFL cause of all the "kneeling nonsense", and thinks Kaepernick is a terrible person.

But, he's a diehard PSU fan with season tickets, and still thinks JoePa is a god.  It's easy to feign moral outrage, when it doesn't screw up your tailgating plans.  

We still get along great; mainly because I keep my politics to myself like a sane person.  

13 mins ago, fishfood said:

My neighbor tells me every chance he gets (anytime I'm wearing eagles gear) how he's done with the NFL cause of all the "kneeling nonsense", and thinks Kaepernick is a terrible person.

But, he's a diehard PSU fan with season tickets, and still thinks JoePa is a god.  It's easy to feign moral outrage, when it doesn't screw up your tailgating plans.  

We still get along great; mainly because I keep my politics to myself like a sane person.  

Why yes, yes it does. Making a rational point to irrational people doesn't really work.