Reed422

Space Force

26 posts in this topic

12 mins ago, Bass Ackwards said:

I'm against, we are in debt enough already and the Martians are friendly.

perhaps our prezzy got an anal probe?

Posted (edited)

For it. Losing the space race is not an option.

#1 We rely too much on Russia at present.

#2 Musk is a flake looking to take our US$ then jump ship to China. He develops all this stuff on our dollar, then beats feet. 

Edited by Gulf Vet
Spelling

3 hours ago, Bass Ackwards said:

I'm against, we are in debt enough already and the Martians are friendly.

I also haven't looked at it closely and know almost nothing about it as of now.

It's an interesting concept.  With a lousy name and patches.   Unless they really have some alien technology stashed away in Area 51, how are we going to get that force into space?  What are they going to fly when they get there?  Where are they going to base this "Space Force"?   It's going to cost a lot of money, time and research to make it happen.   Could it be, since "The Wall" is designed to defend us from aliens, the new code name for it in order to get it funded?

The Space Force has to be about the most REMFer job that you could get.  We ever re-institute the draft and there will be a line from NYC to Toledo to enlist in the Space Force.

For those of you remember the " Star Wars Program" aided in the Fall Of the Soviet Union... I'm not too hot on "Space Force" as a Name...but I get his meaning..

I all for having ICBMs as well as conventional vehicles/weapons up there ready to rock.

The purpose is to protect US space resources. Satellites carry telecommunications used by military, industrial and consumer sources. Internet, cell phone and even land line communications could be taken out by missile strikes against US satellites.  GPS satellite navigation is crucial in both the military and civilian arenas. Banking systems and management of electric grids and power generating plants are potentially at risk.

The world, and particularly the US, is heavily dependent on satellites. With the increased development of guided missile technology all of these things are at risk. The nuclear threat is realistically less than the risk of China, NK, Russia, Iran or some rogue nation taking out key US satellites and imposing great damage to this country and world commerce.

It does likely send a message to the Chinese and Russians... someone said earlier we can’t afford to lose this race I agree.... best we stay on top 

On 8/11/2018 at 6:13 PM, saltydawg said:

Putin’s against it, so I am for it.

He’s squeezing the Russians economically while at the same time starting a pseudo arms race.... because he’s Putin’s puppet