jjdbike

OC N of IBSP; impact of replenishment?

21 posts in this topic

Hey folks,

I believe, based upon prevailing littoral northern current, IBSP hasn't yet been negatively impacted too badly by beach replenishment but please correct me if I'm wrong.

My questions is, how have the beaches been impacted (from a fishing / soft structure perspective) as one heads north from IBSP? How has the fluking been impacted at this point? This also has fall run implications as there are sand eels in some areas. 

I hate reading about replenishemnt for so many reasons and feel helpless to do anything but watch the money grabbing damage being done to the environment and fishing.

If there's a risk of spot burning implications, PM's are welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

JD

those beaches have always sucked and they will continue to suck. their is a reason you don't see trucks from sea side heights to point leanest fishing has not been good there in since before sandy. 

7 hours ago, jjdbike said:

Hey folks,

I believe, based upon prevailing littoral northern current, IBSP hasn't yet been negatively impacted too badly by beach replenishment but please correct me if I'm wrong.

My questions is, how have the beaches been impacted (from a fishing / soft structure perspective) as one heads north from IBSP? How has the fluking been impacted at this point? This also has fall run implications as there are sand eels in some areas. 

I hate reading about replenishemnt for so many reasons and feel helpless to do anything but watch the money grabbing damage being done to the environment and fishing.

If there's a risk of spot burning implications, PM's are welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

JD

IBSP was impacted for the prior years as LBI was being "fixed"  

I'm sure it'll be the same up there with even a slight breeze causing the ocean to turn into yoohoo.  None of that nice clean green whitewater during a NE blow.  

1 hour ago, crazybellringer said:

those beaches have always sucked and they will continue to suck. their is a reason you don't see trucks from sea side heights to point leanest fishing has not been good there in since before sandy. 

Exactly

I have fished these beaches since the late 90's when I first started surf fishing and they have been good for me up until Sandy.  After that they really started to decline. I have had some good days since but that was mostly when there was large amounts of bait moving by to attract the fish like Thanksgiving day 2016.  I have found some decent deep holes and cuts in many spots with very little results. I still plan to go to some spots from time to time to see what it looks like and give it try but with all the beach replenishment I have even less hope of any good fishing.

I can say this....fished OC last week and after they spent +158 Mil. $$$$ in beach replenishment the jetty's have once again rose from the sandy depths in some areas....had 15 fluke, largest being 23"....great fun and love those jetty's.....what an absolute waste of our monies....OMO.

On 8/10/2018 at 2:36 PM, Lagerhead said:

Downer Ave was good. Now destroyed.

I agree 100%—they killed it !

On 8/10/2018 at 1:04 PM, crazybellringer said:

Was was in S Seaside yesterday.

water was warm, a little bit of weeds, small bait being picked by birds. I don’t know how they saw it. The water / surf was an awful color I’ve never seen before.

litterally, the color of sand. I saw the dredger & got a sick feeling.

not a bite.

gotta go somewhere else today. I wonder how far the effects of this dredging will be detrimental? This is terrible & now a taste of what others have been dealing w/ for years along tne coast.

so many strong emotions & feeling helpless to do anything about this intentional ongoing mont grabbing catastrophe.

JD

I have been fishing one spot since the spring. This particular spot had a couple of sandbars, 2 nice troughs, one giant hole and a sweet rip at the end of one of the bars. I had been fishing there 3-4 times a week since June and have honestly not been skunked one day since fishing there. The replenishment took that all away a couple of weeks ago and made it one big barren desert. Was really disappointing to see considering how much bait fish was starting to stage there and the prospect of a half way decent fall if the bait stayed. Anyway, i really hope we get slammed with some Nor'Easters this fall so we can get some structure back.

1 hour ago, jrzyripper said:

I have been fishing one spot since the spring. This particular spot had a couple of sandbars, 2 nice troughs, one giant hole and a sweet rip at the end of one of the bars. I had been fishing there 3-4 times a week since June and have honestly not been skunked one day since fishing there. The replenishment took that all away a couple of weeks ago and made it one big barren desert. Was really disappointing to see considering how much bait fish was starting to stage there and the prospect of a half way decent fall if the bait stayed. Anyway, i really hope we get slammed with some Nor'Easters this fall so we can get some structure back.

youll get some structure back but they covered up all of the crabs, fleas, shell fish that lived in the area that fluke and bass feed on. I wouldnt even waste my time if I were you.

I’ve got to let it go.

This is just maddening.

This morning, went out to see the sun rise over the ocean, one of the most beautiful,  inspirational, spiritual sights & experiences for me, & it was obscured by tne dredger..... ironic , sickening juxtaposition.

Natural beauty of nature & man foolishly, ignorant & greedy trying to manipulate it for one sided short term gain at everyone’s loss.

And there’s seemingly nothing we can do to stop it.

JD

Long Island continues to rebuild it's jetties and add more for shore protection.....here, they burry the jetties and keep on pumping...maybe the biggest money Scam in NJ's corrupt history ever....OMO.

11 mins ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Long Island continues to rebuild it's jetties and add more for shore protection.....here, they burry the jetties and keep on pumping...may be the biggest money Scam in NJ's corrupt history ever....OMO.

You may well be correct, and there have been some real doozies over the years.

Posted (edited)

Image may contain: ocean, sky, cloud, beach, outdoor, nature and water

This is the beach at low tide in Holgate last night......at high tide there is no beach....the wooden jetty in the pic was completely covered with sand, buried and the cliffs are now unattainable.......158Mil. $$$$ later and pumping.

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal