Belmo

Belmo's Horse Racing Thread

Rate this topic

695 posts in this topic

This is where I'm going to post all of my thoughts, news, and miscellania -- I'm going to consolidate it all into one thread. Some of youse may even want to subscribe, because I will be posting picks here, some of them (by necessity) just a few minutes before a race goes off.

Saturday is an incredible day of racing: there's the Arlington Million card in Chicago, three graded Stakes at the Spa, and a middling card at Del Mar. Plus, there's always good old Monmouth.

The card at Arlington is especially appealing: all three of Chicagoland's Grade I stakes are run on the same day, all on turf: the Secretariat is for 3-year-olds at 10 furlongs; the Beverly D is for fillies and mares at 1 3/16 miles, and the Million is for older horses at a mile and a quarter.

A preliminary pass through the PPs shows some very intriguing longshots on the card at Arlington: a couple of the Euros may be live at huge odds. I'll post more between now and Saturday.

Feel free to follow along as I blow my daughter's college money, or even if you just want to shoot spitballs at me. Horse racing is the greatest sport in the world. :th:

I'm going fishing for a few hours. Way more interesting than this thread.5b6c5e24bb1b1_giphy(1).gif.ae16103b044753dfdfb32102926a134b.gif

And it has a better rod than your custom.

I'm thinking of throwing some clams at the trifecta Monmouth 3rd race. Foward thinker, motivational then special eyes. Thoughts?

No clue. I haven't even looked at the PPs. Send 'em to me, and I'll take a look at it (but I ain't paying).

And you should also know that I suck at tris and supers (*ly). I'm much more of an interrace (Pick 3, Pick 4, etc.) than intrarace (tri, super, exacta) player. Trying to dope out who is going to run 4th always seemed like a waste of time (and a crapshoot) to me.

15 mins ago, crazybellringer said:

this guy does not even know how to read the daily racing form and he is going to be selling pat performance sheets.   

pretty sure tim says thats a no no. 

Did you take an extra handful of stupid pills this morning?

All the cool kids around here go up to Saratoga this month to get hammered and bet on horses, can you give me some cool phrases so I can sound smart? 

Like when they were trying to get Radar laid "Ah, Bach"

3 mins ago, Billybob said:

All the cool kids around here go up to Saratoga this month to get hammered and bet on horses, can you give me some cool phrases so I can sound smart? 

Like when they were trying to get Radar laid "Ah, Bach"

That horse doesn't have a chance! 

I wouldn't bet that horse with Frank's money!

That horse looks good, but his dosage index is too low! 

The Ragozin sheet guys were all over that horse! 

That horse is so slow that the jockey is going to have to go to the whip to beat the ambulance! 

Frank is a needledick! 

What are you, a chalk-eating weasel? 

this thread has promise. all the mind numbing mental gymnastics you need to glorify spectating and none of the thrills and excitement of the race :wee: