SE Cape Coral canal

Rate this topic

saltfisherman

It is going to be a decade before anyone should eat fish from the area... if there are any left

You are just a dirty, smelly fisherman. If a hot girl is making eye contact with you, she is probably a hooker.

After wintering the month of March in the gulf coast in Bonita Beach for 18 years, we decided not to return anymore due to the downward spiraling of fishing for the past 5-6 years there. Now,with the red tide irritation and extreme fish kill on shore during our stay which we experienced last March for the entire month, we've called it quits. Not returning there, period. 

Well, it's winter afer all even in SWFlorida, and fishing is not the best regardless how excitd our northern visitors get about catching a ladyfish 

if I want to catch fish I drive four hours south.

Does not play or fish well with others.

Sandflee, that bottom map is the town I live in. The amount of homes for sale is off the chart. This is like this all year long.

the top map of a section of Cape Coral is only a time clip of the whole island. That’s what you see for sale in a small amount of square miles. There are 3-4 homes for sale onthe same block and same side of street. 

Homes are sitting a good amount of time. This is the best, they list a home for let’s say 300k. It sits and they lower it by 10k. Few months later it’s off the market, next month back on for 330k. Never seen this before, they raise it. There is full record of the date and dollar value asked right on Zillow. 

Im on Zillow at least every other day. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/10/2018 at 2:12 PM, saltfisherman said:

Sandflee, that bottom map is the town I live in. The amount of homes for sale is off the chart. This is like this all year long.

the top map of a section of Cape Coral is only a time clip of the whole island. That’s what you see for sale in a small amount of square miles. There are 3-4 homes for sale onthe same block and same side of street. 

Homes are sitting a good amount of time. This is the best, they list a home for let’s say 300k. It sits and they lower it by 10k. Few months later it’s off the market, next month back on for 330k. Never seen this before, they raise it. There is full record of the date and dollar value asked right on Zillow. 

Im on Zillow at least every other day. 

I have my eye on the listings every day. Been looking at them for the past three years. I really thought I would see the prices drop more than they have. I think some people are just waiting for the algae to disappear, then sell. If houses drop 100k, then I will buy. They will eventually fix this mess. I think it needed to get to a critical (and well publicized) level before the local government will do anything about it.

You are just a dirty, smelly fisherman. If a hot girl is making eye contact with you, she is probably a hooker.