What are the odds.

Rate this topic

Mainiac

Of getting an actual fall run complete with p-nuts ?

Haven't really seen a p-nut run since 2004. There have been a few here and there but an actual run of p-nuts has not occurred since 2004. With the abundance of adult pogies last year and this, I am hoping to see a real p-nut run. It would really make up for the rather lousy season I've been having.

Given all that I give the odds that we get  a true p-nut run at 50/1 against.

Why ? "cause sumpthin' always happens to either screw up the fishing(like bad weather), or I'll break a arm or something.:)

6 hours ago, Mainiac said:

Of getting an actual fall run complete with p-nuts ?

Haven't really seen a p-nut run since 2004. There have been a few here and there but an actual run of p-nuts has not occurred since 2004. With the abundance of adult pogies last year and this, I am hoping to see a real p-nut run. It would really make up for the rather lousy season I've been having.

Given all that I give the odds that we get  a true p-nut run at 50/1 against.

Why ? "cause sumpthin' always happens to either screw up the fishing(like bad weather), or I'll break a arm or something.:)

I hear ya on the lousy season, nothing like last year

33 mins ago, 7 Rivers said:

I hear ya on the lousy season, nothing like last year

I don't know about you guys but after the best June I can ever remember, I can't believe how lousy it has gotten.   Last year was my best ever and when I tripled last June's catch I was expecting the best year of my lifetime.   Not happening.     

Marty

20 mins ago, MartyK said:

I don't know about you guys but after the best June I can ever remember, I can't believe how lousy it has gotten.   Last year was my best ever and when I tripled last June's catch I was expecting the best year of my lifetime.   Not happening.     

I didn't think june was anything to brag about either...

43 mins ago, stripedbassking said:

With you guys on lousy year :( maybe the fall run will be good

Like Mainiac said, I remember the 04 05 seasons, were great in the fall, could grab the pnuts by hand as they were forced to beach by stripers.. Was great to be able to see all the action for hours. I also recall seeing a lot of macks schooled up on the pnuts as well as chasing them. Probably explains why I haven't seen that since.. I have my doubts on  a  good fall run....

1 hour ago, 7 Rivers said:

Like Mainiac said, I remember the 04 05 seasons, were great in the fall, could grab the pnuts by hand as they were forced to beach by stripers.. Was great to be able to see all the action for hours. I also recall seeing a lot of macks schooled up on the pnuts as well as chasing them. Probably explains why I haven't seen that since.. I have my doubts on  a  good fall run....

Yeah I hear ya, tough the Macs seem to be pretty sparse this year as well, at least from what I’ve seen. I’d love to see some peanuts out there, 3 years ago I found a few schools of them getting toasted by bass, but it was two days and then that was it.

GOD made my Mold different from the rest, Then he broke that mold so I know I'm Blessed.

whats going on fishing Bear? :wave:

Peanut runs are special may you guys be so blessed. we had three years of peanuts and it was awesome. I will drop a video in here later. 

two years ago i was taking some guys from spain fishing and we had a day where we had over 50 fish with pnuts. It was blowing crazy. 

my friend got this pict this was the wash. 

23659191_1520646688023198_2537392489601842713_n.jpg.48cd68dc06ed50367c4dcfc2b5b6c574.jpg

catdog.gif.555ec51dd877619a5f93904b688f6578.gif

9 hours ago, Plugger207 said:

Jeez I’m having a great year......better than last in both size and numbers.....I think the fish are just farther north....real warm water I’ve actually been seeking the colder beaches with success.....one from tonight.....45 with girth.....

D167E8A3-0887-4096-A189-1073E01FE915.jpeg

Nice fish man, Just been a lot of smalls this year, AGAIN in my area.....