Derby plans, anyone?

Rate this topic

11 hours ago, BernardtheGurnard said:

Ha!  I'm new here, not new to the Island.  I'm an observant washashore who has spent countless hours out at the beach but never, until this season, felt particularly inclined to pick up a rod on the regular.  I'd go out to the beach with my partner and while he fished, I'd hang with our dog and read and look for interesting rocks.  I also shellfish a bunch and really like squidding so I'm pretty familiar with the environs up here.  It's the addition of the surf casting that's the new part.  

I figured I should finally succumb to derby fever.  I borrowed a small rod from my partner and decided to get a line wet.  Got into my first real blitz about two weeks in.  It was really exciting.  Wound up buying my first rod the next day.  Haven't put a lot of work into it yet, probably went out less than a dozen times since the beginning of September.  Still haven't caught a damn thing, except seaweed.  If there was a vegan tournament I would definitely be on the podium.  

Thanks for the welcome message!

Bernard in the scheme of things fishing is like searching for the holy grail of life. Sometimes you find it and sometimes you do not, Each time you have a positive experience you get to have an ecstatic feeling  of life and how joyful it can be. Each time you have  a negative experience you get to feel a little down in life, but it is the negative ones that teach you to have patients and respect for the very resource you are attempting to challenge. Eventually the negative experiences decrease and the positive ones increase. That is if you put all in perspective as just another challenge in life's roadmap of learning all you can by actually making your own decisions on how , where you decide to fish on that day. At times it is the days when the fish are not active that you obtain a better reflection of what life has to offer and you begin to understand the peace and solitude it has to offer if you care to share it with a friend that has the same interests as you do. You get more opportunities to look around and have your eyes opened to the wonderment's our maker put here for us to observe and even appreciate , catching or not catching fish. Stay with what you know, but attempt to learn what you do not and life will be a little more enjoyable and rewarding all at the same time. Welcome

Life member M.B.B.A #509

Life member Izaak Walton Fishing Association

Life member Cape Cod Canal