codfish

Trump and Bill Maher "on the same page"

25 posts in this topic

You would not think Bill Maher and Donald Trump share the same views, but they do when it comes to Islam, I know the left will not be happy with this one but watch the video, very informative, what say you??

Yawn!  Maher is Wrong headed in most of his thoughts!

A stopped watch is right twice a day  Maher’s watch is missing the second hand! 

Posted (edited)

9 mins ago, RJ said:

Yawn!  Maher is Wrong headed in most of his thoughts!

A stopped watch is right twice a day  Maher’s watch is missing the second hand! 

But not this one, half way in it gets hot, and it makes a good case for taking a close look a county that practices sharia law, what say you??

Edited by codfish

Take your allies wherever you can find them and box them in on the issue. You can sort out your differences after. 

Been afflek is a ******'s ******. Seriously, his IQ cannot be above 90. 

I say, I agreed with the counter arguments to Harris and Maher.   I don't agree with putting all the followers into the same box, statistics agree.   Have heard Harris debate his position many times.   He comes across to me at least as too black and white/either or approach.   Its complicated.  

You can pick apart any doctrine, but when compared to actual practice, there are differences.   To conflate all the Muslims with the worst examples is the same as conflating all Christians with the devotees from Westboro Baptist church theology.   

In America, ones freedom of religion does not afford them a freedom to deny others their rights.   So here in the U.S., we temper, or at least try, the competing "freedoms".   I don't think that will change any time soon because Sessions and the Religious Liberty Task force just wont last, I hope.   

I hold these opinions because of personal experience.   Have witnessed the extremes and the moderates as well as those (from different religions)  who try to preach and practice a balance.   It isn't black and white.  

Caveat:  I don't like ANY religion, but I can tolerate the moderates as long as they don't proselytize or discriminate. 

2 mins ago, KnewBee said:

Have witnessed the extremes and the moderates as well as those (from different religions)  who try to preach and practice a balance.   It isn't black and white.  

Of course it isn't black and white. Only stupid Ben afflek tries to make that stupid argument. But the statistics bear out what mahar is talking about. The vast majority support the extremists in ways small and large. And they well never, ever integrate into civil society. And their ideology is world domination. And they account for 99.9% of all ideological + religious violence. That's why they are a threat and should never be allowed in. 

If the issue is whether or not they should be allowed to live in western society, then it's very much black and white.

9 mins ago, Fishy Fisher said:

Been afflek is a ******'s ******. Seriously, his IQ cannot be above 90. 

Yes on the former.  But on the later, I think he is likely normal intelligence but highly conflicted in that he runs in circles that are rather different than ours.  he has a persona, and he has friends in other places...  I doubt you or I have ever seen the real BA ( or most other hollywood knuckleheads) without viewing it through the filter of what he thinks he is suppsoed to say.

31 mins ago, KnewBee said:

............To conflate all the Muslims with the worst examples is the same as conflating all Christians with the devotees from Westboro Baptist church theology.............

There are quite a few countries that are being run by the radical interpretation of Islam.

Can you name any countries being run by Westboro?

16 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

There are quite a few countries that are being run by the radical interpretation of Islam.

Can you name any countries being run by Westboro?

Way to be a thread stopper Joey.

Shot that argument all to hell.

Posted (edited)

43 mins ago, 55555s said:

Yes on the former.  But on the later, I think he is likely normal intelligence but highly conflicted in that he runs in circles that are rather different than ours.

I completely disagree. I have heard him speak! I know there are intelligent lefties (mentally ill, yes, but still intelligent) and they are able to present a cogent sentence. BA cannot. I stand by my analysis: 90 IQ max.

Edited by Fishy Fisher
Autocorrect

3 mins ago, Fishy Fisher said:

I completely disagree. I have heard him speak! I know there are intelligent lefties (mentally ill, yes, but still intelligent) and they are able to present a cogent sentence. BA cannot. I stand by my analysis: 90 IQ max.

But, he does so well when someone else tells him what to say.

27 mins ago, dena said:

But, he does so well when someone else tells him what to say.

So did Obama (supposedly - I never bought into the so called "eloquence").