Edhsurf31

Century nor’easter vs Kevlar nor’easter

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

I love my gsb 1321m but that thing wears you out after a while. The nor’easter is light enough for me to fish all day with minimum fatigue. I find myself grabbing it to go fish more than the others

3 hours ago, Edhsurf31 said:

Weight prob wouldn’t be an issue for me either. I’ve fished a lot of lami rods which always seem to be on the heavy side. I like everything I’ve heard about the S2 and would love to see a nor’easter at a local shop. It will be replacing the XSRA I used to fish.. loved that rod. Was 10’ mod/fast 1-5oz.  Goal is to find a century to replace it. Century would be lighter and more durable. The XSRA was amazing but a bit heavy and prone to breakage. 

I am not sure the kevlar 11 1-5 is lighter than the xsra.... the built kevlar I believe is close to 16.5oz

9 mins ago, nchit said:

BTW how’s that s1 been treating you Edhsurf31?

Love that S1.. can fish all day with it. Actually thinking of pairing it with the lightened ultegra which would make it a super easy combo to fish for hours! Happy your enjoying the 1321M. I’ve thought about getting the 1321mos maybe next year. People are loving it. 

11 mins ago, Fishy4335 said:

The noreaster kevlars are very top heavy rods.... they dont weigh a ton on paper but they feel heavy!!!

Could go for an S2.... sounds like that’s a suitable rod. I believe they are a bit lighter and would fit my needs just as well.

You have to keep in mind the Kevlar NE was designed with one purpose in mind...to take as much abuse as anyone can dish out. Weight was not a concern , durability was. These blanks were designed for getting banged on rocks and high sticking. 

I like the Kevlar NEs but I use them in harsh conditions. If you want a really all round rod, the S2 is super versatile. It will throw down to a 3/4oz bucktail on up to 5oz, although it doesn't love 5.

12 hours ago, AFMike said:

You have to keep in mind the Kevlar NE was designed with one purpose in mind...to take as much abuse as anyone can dish out. Weight was not a concern , durability was. These blanks were designed for getting banged on rocks and high sticking. 

I like the Kevlar NEs but I use them in harsh conditions. If you want a really all round rod, the S2 is super versatile. It will throw down to a 3/4oz bucktail on up to 5oz, although it doesn't love 5.

Exactly