night owl

What's your favorite RI Brewery?

Rate this topic

122 posts in this topic

9 mins ago, Kooky said:

Heady topper was one of the first movers and was brutally hard to get.  Went up there a few weeks ago, it is good but there are much better options. As stated even Focal Banger and Crusher are better from Alchemist.

No thanks on the West Coast IPA's, NEIPA is the way to go.  Tilted Barn Double Dry Hopped Cactus in my opinion is the best beer!!

I agree - I think Tilted Barn makes the best NEIPA's in all of New England.

Not a brewery, I don't think, but a great place to get some excellent food with a big selection of local craft brews is The Malted Barley in Westerly. They make their own pretzel rolls for their sandwiches. Cool vibe in the place too. Not a big beer guy, but have been there several times this year and it never disappoints.

Just finished a batch on NE style clam chowder and baking 60 stuffies.  Drinking a Two Roads Lil Sunshine Session IPA  delish!

48 mins ago, Kooky said:

Much better!

8BF1ED5B-EEB5-4896-9594-17DBC5D03B46.jpeg

Twice as strong..... 8% LOL

This stuff gets it done. The girl at the tasting said she drank a 4 pack of these during a playoff game! She was a small girl too. She said she needed a ride home. LoL

greylock.JPG

Not too far from the RI CT border in Stonington Borough CT is a brewery called Beer'd. Excellent IPA's.  Another in Salem CT is Fox Farm, a little north of New London, usually ranked high on beeradvocate. Cottrell in Pawcatuck literally on the RI CT state line is pretty commercial. Outer Lights in Groton has started to improve it's beers and has been getting better reviews.