night owl

What's your favorite RI Brewery?

Rate this topic

97 posts in this topic

When I visit the RI area, I like hitting the nice brewerys there. I've been to Coddington and a few others. But I was wondering what you guys liked/recommended. Anything with a water view is a plus with me. Thanx!

Water view of a pond.  Tilted Barn - best beer in RI - I find it better than Trillium and Treehouse from Mass.

Second best is Proclamation in Warwick.

Long Live in Providence is a close third.

43 mins ago, DZ said:

Water view of a pond.  Tilted Barn - best beer in RI - I find it better than Trillium and Treehouse from Mass.

Hey Dennis, I've been meaning to try Tilted Barn. They're less than 15 minutes from my house. I enjoyed visiting Proclomation when they were in Kingston. I'm more of a Flying Jenny / Hazy Day fan (Grey Sail in Westerly) IPA's give me a wicked headache. 

Tilted Barn is number 1 hands down, great texture, flavor, and smell to their beer. Love their innovation w local products. Long live in prov is number 2 and it’s a close 2nd. They have come a long way in a short time. Proclamation is fantastic also, I hit there most frequently due to ease and good selection. In fact just left there cause I wanted some derivative citra for the warmer day!

There are also some newer ones that are getting up to speed quickly.  Buttonwoods brewery in Cranston is small but have some good stuff, Shaizon (took over where Proclamation started) they are starting to get some good press.  

Another brewery that will open soon has a striper theme.  Linesider Brewing in East Greenwich.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Shaidzon is the old head brewer at grey sail. Josh makes amazing beer. Lots of different styles so don’t expect a lineup of ipa’s. Tilted is one of my favorites. The owners Matt and Kara are amazing people but if you want cans be prepared to go early and wait a long time. If you just want to try their beers go towards the end of the night on a Friday. Proc is great as well. Much larger facility now so getting in and out is super easy. Great beer and friendly staff as well

Edited by woodbuggger21

On 8/6/2018 at 9:45 AM, DZ said:

Another brewery that will open soon has a striper theme.  Linesider Brewing in East Greenwich.

Even closer to home!

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 8/5/2018 at 2:22 PM, DZ said:

I want to try tilted barn. I heard Good things about them. If anyone wants to trade some treehouse for some LMK. I live 15 minutes from treehouse. 

I work in west Greenwich so I may try linesider once it opens. 

Edited by R.R. Bridge Fisher
Spelling

20 hours ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

I want to try tilted barn. I heard Google things about them. If anyone wants to trade some treehouse for some LMK. I live 15 minutes from treehouse. 

I work in west Greenwich so I may try linesider once it opens. 

I may grab some tomorrow. I’ll let ya know if I do. Depends on how little work I have lined up 

Man it sounds like RI is starting to rival Vermont for number of breweries per square mile.  I think we now have more breweries than elementary schools.  Way better funded too.

5 mins ago, blackdogfish said:

Man it sounds like RI is starting to rival Vermont for number of breweries per square mile.  I think we now have more breweries than elementary schools.  Way better funded too.

Would you care to share a few? I live very close to the line.