hanlon-surf

Report from the OBX

108 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

About protesting by not getting a permit, my Hatt buddy said after the DOW and Audobon deal went down that not only was he not buying a permit, but that he was not going down at all. I flat out told him that is exactly what these groups want you to do, stay home! It’s not about the permit, or the nests, they don’t want ORV on the beach AT ALL. By you staying home, it’s one less truck on the beach, maybe 1-4 guys not fishing and therefore not killing any fish. I told him to get his blinders off, pack the truck and go. Screw them fight back!! Go fishing! Wake up!

Edited by Retainer

I'm with you Retainer, we'll be down there shortly and if we have to walk out so be it. I'll be fishing and the better half coming for shells. We need some tee shirts like a few posts ago.  Tight lines

Posted (edited)

Just got back. Had a great time. Ate too many apple uglys.  Smaller fish a plenty but still didn't get my shark. Next time. Did get my check this bird audubon sticker for the rod tube. You could drive to the west side but the turtle fences went up yesterday. I bet those folks with the big houses in Rodanthe will be pissed when the new bridge goes in from the new inlet to Rodanthe on the sound side. Have a nice veiw of a bridge. Gotta luv those rabbit huggers.

Edited by Dsc