Popasilov

Overprized mechanic work

Rate this topic

417 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, ted527 said:

Take some friends and go get YOUR boat back during business hours. Just hook up and leave.

Let him sue you.

Do NOT give him a check then stol payment, that is fraud.

This works up until the police get called.

16 hours ago, ted527 said:

Take some friends and go get YOUR boat back during business hours. Just hook up and leave.

Let him sue you.

Do NOT give him a check then stol payment, that is fraud.

Yea, this. Let him call the cops.

All those good advises that I already thought about., lol.

I was thinking to hire a person for $11/hr to hold a sign in the front of the shop;(add in small gigs section at craigslist)

Butt is not worth getting in to a trouble.

County police can not do anything about or they do not want to so they refer me to civil court., too.

Small claim court will take few months. Lets see how that will end up.

Thank you all for being here and giving me a shoulder.

I will post any update as soon as something happens.

34 mins ago, Popasilov said:

All those good advises that I already thought about., lol.

I was thinking to hire a person for $11/hr to hold a sign in the front of the shop;(add in small gigs section at craigslist)

Butt is not worth getting in to a trouble.

County police can not do anything about or they do not want to so they refer me to civil court., too.

Small claim court will take few months. Lets see how that will end up.

Thank you all for being here and giving me a shoulder.

I will post any update as soon as something happens.

What do you mean County Police won't do anything?  

Edited by Rapala33
Edited

Go get your boat and let him sue you!

He said she said you have the title he wont give you a copy of bill hmmm.

GO GET YOUR PROPERTY BACK!  Go there and call the cops when he will not release YOUR PROPERTY!

When you do go have a some one get it all on video including the property's name and location.

Sack up and take the time and go get your crap.

On 8/13/2018 at 9:41 PM, Rapala33 said:

What do you mean County Police won't do anything?  

Yes

I was told that is a civil matter and nothing they can do.

On 8/14/2018 at 9:25 AM, CapeDave said:

GO GET YOUR PROPERTY BACK!  Go there and call the cops when he will not release YOUR PROPERTY!

That is what I did few days ago

Call the cops (Nassau 2nd precinct) from the front of his shop but they did not want to sent a patrol car.

Anyway

Court day is September 19th, sooner than I thought it will be.

Once again

Thank you to all of you who read and participate in this topic

Thank you

Thank you

With handling two jobs not much time for fishing anyway.

(At least that is what I have been saying to myself)

9 hours ago, Popasilov said:

Anyway

Once again

Thank you

Thank you

Court date for what?

Maybe get one of those TV guys involved, help me Howard or whomever.  Let them stalk this guy, with cameras

Believe it or not, the cops won't do anything with a car either.

When I was a teenager, I broke down on the BQE in Brooklyn.  I pulled the car over to the shoulder, went to find a payphone, and returned to the spot with a tow truck to find that the car was gone.

Called the police - who checked in with the highway patrol, no record of the car being pulled by the authorized tow unit of either the NYPD or the tow company authorized for that section of the highway.  Filed a stolen car report.

Two weeks later, I get a parking ticket - for that car.  Turns out, some jackass with a tow truck came across it and towed it to his garage - where he left it on the sidewalk, after repairing it.  That car was a POS, and I was in my freshman year of college, so money was extremely tight.  If it was worth anything, it was under a grand.  The owner of the garage, who claimed I asked for them to tow it to his shop and fix it (in the middle of the night without speaking to anyone, miraculously) - told me I owed him $1500 to replace the alternator and timing belt (on an 88 Olds, ha), and that I wouldn't get my car back until he paid up (although he graciously offered to park the car legally so I wouldn't get any more tickets).

Called the NYPD - who told me the same - civil matter, take him to court.  This, despite the fact that the car was taken after I filed a stolen vehicle report and the plates had been reported lost.

The only thing that worked in my favor was the moron parked it on the street.  I went at night, took the car, brought it home.  I got an angry phone call the next day, at which point I told him I paid the night guy in cash - and that if he couldn't prove I authorized the tow, I couldn't prove I paid the night guy, we'd have fun in court.  That was the last I heard of him.

So at least I got a new alternator out of the deal, which was nice.  Good luck with your boat!

3 hours ago, Billybob said:

I'm glad I work on my own boats.

Same here.  When I complain about how much work it is, my wife tells me to just pay someone.  I told her, if that payment was only in cash and not in aggravation I'd be right there.

13 hours ago, Popasilov said:

Anyway

Once again

Thank you

Thank you

Whatever you do don't tell him the court day. If he doesn't show, you will likely win.

Doesn't work like that.  A  government offical or sheriff will likely give him a subpoena for the court date. 

When a boat is involved .it usually falls under  a maratine law not your local police or sherriff department...so you're local pds wont and can not do anything since it's out of there jurisdiction. It will be best if you paid in full .recovered your property .then go to civil court about the dispute. The longer you leave it there it looks abandoned. 

The mechanic can put a lien on the boat  and then file for ownership to auction it off to recover loss .I think this is federal and cost some money for him to file and time. Including trailer and motor. he can not legally just sell it before any of this is done. Unless you have contracted  or verbally agreed to.  Which I think was said in previous post.  

You will need a maratime lawyer more  then likely.  Good luck. 

OP I sent you a message check your PM.

Edited by 757saltwater