Popasilov

Overprized mechanic work

Rate this topic

407 posts in this topic

Take it for a loss and a lesson learned move on and forget about this. I did not read the whole thing I can’t believe this thread went on for this long. Sorry this did not work out your way. Your best bet would have been to try to get your boat fast from the start. Then not miss your first court date. If everything your saying is true just forget about this. Let him have the boat paying him just seems silly and you’d be just saying he was right if you did. 

Trying to look at it from the judges view (and l believe you Pops). 

Facts: Pops brings boat in. An estimate exists. The mechanic performs repairs defined by estimate.

The rest is hearsay. I take there is no law requiring a written authorization.

case closed.

20 hours ago, hydraman said:

Take it for a loss and a lesson learned move on and forget about this. I did not read the whole thing I can’t believe this thread went on for this long. Sorry this did not work out your way. Your best bet would have been to try to get your boat fast from the start. Then not miss your first court date. If everything your saying is true just forget about this. Let him have the boat paying him just seems silly and you’d be just saying he was right if you did. 

Not sure you have the entire picture. It's not just "let him have the boat and forget it". The judge ruled that Pops OWES him additional $$ for the storage. If he does not get paid the mechanic can go back to court and have them enforce the judgement. That would likely mean garnishing wages.

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, MdCrappie said:

Not sure you have the entire picture. It's not just "let him have the boat and forget it". The judge ruled that Pops OWES him additional $$ for the storage. If he does not get paid the mechanic can go back to court and have them enforce the judgement. That would likely mean garnishing wages.

So what? Let the old guy jump through some hoops now if he wants his money. Why make it easy on him? He originally told Pops he would sell the boat & give him back any extra. No he can finally execute that master plan. 

Edited by vinnyb

No storage fees

Total judgment for defendant is $2,149.71

That is how much repair bill was.

With storage it would be almost $ 5,000.00

I will have two days off next week and I am planing to file an appeal.

Will see.

But like I said before

I have no more desire for that boat.

11 hours ago, Popasilov said:

No storage fees

Will see.

But like I said before

Don't waste your time. Usually one judge wont change another judge's decision... 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I was thinking about this the other day, I dropped off 2 fishing rods to have the grips shaved down, and I did not ask for an estimate, didnt want to come across as being "a nickle and dimer".  So when I go to pick the rods, the cork grip came out nice and the other rod was foam and I guess they had a hard time cuz the grip looked no different from when I dropped it off.  So they want to charge me $25 each, so I say "you didnt do anything to the foam grip" and their reply was "we spent the time on it".   I dont care how much time you spend on a job, if you dont get the job done, I shouldn't have to pay for it.  It's only $25 so I paid for it told them that's dollar they get from me.  They offered to spend more time on shaving the grip, so I was like "since you're so slow and inept at this, I'll end up paying more than the rods worth", and that's what reminded me of your motor.

Edited by ferret
Popasilov and Beastly Backlash like this

12 hours ago, CapeDave said:

Why file if you do not want the boat?

Because they (the Court) is going to come after him for $2,149.71 unless they reverse their decision.

2 hours ago, ferret said:

I was thinking about this the other day, I dropped off 2 fishing rods to have the grips shaved down, and I did not ask for an estimate, didnt want to come across as being "a nickle and dimer".  So when I go to pick the rods, the cork grip came out nice and the other rod was foam and I guess they had a hard time cuz the grip looked no different from when I dropped it off.  So they want to charge me $25 each, so I say "you didnt do anything to the foam grip" and their reply was "we spent the time on it".   I dont care how much time you spend on a job, if you dont get the job done, I shouldn't have to pay for it.  It's only $25 so I paid for it told them that's dollar they get from me.  They offered to spend more time on shaving the grip, so I was like "since you're so slow and inept at this, I'll end up paying more than the rods worth", and that's what reminded me of your motor.

Do the job right, treat your customers right, and you get more money in the long run.

6 hours ago, JoeyZac said:

Because they (the Court) is going to come after him for $2,149.71 unless they reverse their decision.

Exactly

The guy sounds like a shyster.  My guess is this isn't the first time he has done this.

On 11/6/2018 at 9:47 PM, Popasilov said:

No storage fees

Will see.

But like I said before

This doesn't make sense.

You indicate, on October 28th post, that there was a counterclaim for the storage. (The mechanic doesn't have to sue you for the initial bill)

You then indicate with the pic of the decision that the mechanic won the counterclaim and was awarded $2149.71 on THAT claim.

Judgement03.jpg

At one point you say this:

" And then, like 45 minutes later, while in local CVS he called me and drop a nuke on me; total charges were $1,960.00 or $1,980.00 not sure any more "

Then later you say this:

"I called him first and told him I will be there and to give me final, itemized bill.

Trailer and boat were there (were not yesterday evening) and after about 20 minutes of counting, looking his notes and using calculator, he showed me a bill for $2,270.00, (labor $1600, parts 4 something and tax)"

So first it's $1980, then $2270 but then the judge awards him $2112?

Keep trolling......