Ortley Beach

Rate this topic

What in gods name are they doing on ortley beach??? There's 3 swimming pool size areas of standing water on the beach. 

I look at webcams daily and the work they are doing in this section is a complete joke. It's like they're playing sand box!

its gonna be tough for the fishing to come back from this round of replenishment in this area I'd say. Unreal. 

I saw a short news clip on Nj Network yesterday where the ACOE removed a long standing dune from a beach where they had previously agreed to not remove or disturb any existing dune. I think they said they did it to have access for their equipment.

What a joke.

32 mins ago, CharlieK said:

I saw a short news clip on Nj Network yesterday where the ACOE removed a long standing dune from a beach where they had previously agreed to not remove or disturb any existing dune. I think they said they did it to have access for their equipment.

What a joke.

Those dickheads should be sued for what they did at Midway beach. The dune effort that goes on there is the case study for how each beach should be managed. Those mother****ers bulldozed open a portion of the established dunes to get their stupid ****ing equipment in to "improve" the beach. 

Edited by MitchellNJ

Says a lot about the people running the state. Heads so far up their asses they can see the light at the end of the tunnel. "Climate change". LOL. Grey reason to destroy beaches, esp ones that are taken care of. ****ing **** suckers. I can't even believe it. That's my favorite stretch. From lavalette to mid-IBSP is my favorite stretch to fish. Always has the BEST structure. Now. It's ****ed. ****ing ****ed. Not only is the beach, but the residents hard work, love for and care for the beach is now basically deleted. By people "improving" (LOL) the beach. Improving! That's a strong word to use. Soooo.... improving.... basically what is accomplished here with replenishment is a riddance of the natural replenishment cycle of a beach if I'm not mistaken. The sand pumped doesn't replenish itself the way the same on the beach does.... which is why it's offshore in the first place!!!!! 

The judge should educate herself on what actually goes on with beach pumping. What a whore. Dumb bitch didn't even blink when she said "oh, no big deal, go on ahead ACOE" I'll bet. 

So. They're pumping and "IMPROViNG!!!!" A beach that was FINE!!!!!! ****IN FINE!!!!!! during Sandy. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHA. Judge, ya got it wrong!!!!!! Ya got it wrong!!!!!!!

midway/ south seaside park should take the destruction of their dune, which was promised to be untampred with, to court and fight it til the death. 

3 hours ago, CharlieK said:

What a joke.

Not that they should remove any dune but they widened the the existing access road to midway beach, didn't take much but those dunes are well established and a model for how a dune should be. I agree with dunes not widening beaches

As bad as all the above sounds, can you believe that I either saw or read a report a few months ago that the ACOE has suggested that the best way to rectify the constant erosion problem at the southern most end of Long Beach Island at Holgate is to construct a jetty. Did they mean a jetty just like the ones they just dismantled and covered in Monmouth County?

Grew up fishing that beach. The jerk offs running this whole mess

didn't have to look far to see where and how a dune is supposed

to be developed. I have heard they are building jetties in N.Y.

How the hell did these stupid sand ramps get approved ?.

Nevermind. Cash is king.

Midway had a rep as sort of a live & let live beach , growing up my bro & I & some pals would cause a little mayhem I SSP & jump the fence at the end of the boardwalk on to Midway , to make our escape , The Ol “Hippy Beach” bonfires , pups runnin around , fire work displays that were better than the one in the Heights on the Fourth , easy access to IBSP , Arts Sand Bar , White Sand Beach Motel , Rossi’s , watched a crusty old timer drag a bass bigger than my little brother up on the sand , made em lay down next to it just to be sure lol lots of action in them dunes north end of IBSP too , $$$ changes everything once Midway went with the Condo Assc. It was over , however change was inevitable , but oh it was sweet , the good ol days , nights weren’t too bad either ! Bill J