dblhauler

Bonefish Dick update

50 posts in this topic

Piling on the parade of well-wishers. As always, sending positive waves and prayers.

Steve Culton

Thanks for the update!

I'm one of the many who are rooting for you Dick and will continue praying for your recovery. Hope you are back posting soon.

Dan

Tho I'm not a fly guy,on my bucket list is to bump into

BFD one morning and fish a cleaned up Blind Pass and

area beaches together. DD is on me. Get well BFD.

I had occasion a few days ago to speak to THE fly shop on Sanibel about the red tide/green algae situation.

I figured he would know Dick - so I asked him if he knew how he was doing.

He said he had spoken to Dick's wife - she said that he is in pain but that they expected that to abate and that the doctors were very optimistic that the procedure was successful.

On Sunday before his operation Dick asked me to tell all well-wishers that he was very appreciative of the support on this site.  He was particularly moved by one person's comments.  I am sure Dick will communicate that to that person when he is able.

Herb

Got this text from "Bonefish" last night.

"Hi guys if you saw me today you would think I was a freaking Blowfish, my face and neck are so swollen"

I cleaned it up a bit, but you can see he has not lost his humor. He said they had him sitting up in a chair and they may have him walking a bit later.

BFD:

Glad all went well and you are on the mend.  I am sure I speak for all when I say, if we could share the burden of your pain, we would gladly line up.  But since we cannot, all our prayers and best wishes will just have to do.  BTW, since I do not pray that often, I can use the practice.

Posted (edited)

Mike thanks for doing this.

I am taking one day at a time and I will approach things with a target date which is Spring 2019.

Between now and then I know things will be very hard  and each day starting with the day after surgery will be treated as a day of “ you do what you have to do today”. That approach is what I think will get me to my objective.

It is very hard to get internet connection In this place and when I can post.

I want to thank everyone for all the prayers and well wishes but moving forward we need to talk fishing and not BFD.

Tight Lines to all and from now on I will be looking for pictures and reports.

Edited by bonefishdick