Daytona Beach Tips

Rate this topic

coastalfreak

Hello folks, I'm heading down with family to Daytona Beach, Florida to vacation before college starts once again. I've never fished this area before. I would love to here some tips and tricks for the area to maximize my catch. 

1. What bait? Ive always used dead shrimp up here in Georgia but, I've heard sand fleas are great. 

2. Piers and/or surf spots

3. Good tackle shops to purchase fresh (preferably dead) bait. 

Thanks in advance!

"It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most
Not where you live, what you drive or the price tag on your clothes" -Zac Brown Band

"A leader is someone who keeps their head when everyone else is losing theirs." -Bryant Wright

Sorry late getting to this, cant help much with fishing, I do know there is a couple of Parks along A1A and people fishing there on Beach also in Flagler  Beach   N of Daytona they have a Good pier.

Suggest you go to  Earl Street Grill Behind Ocean Center for sandwiches,  for Breakfast the Funky Pelican, Dinner Hard to beat  Prime Rib at"" Martins"" King cut little Pricey but worth it you will take a chunk Home and Java Joint good food decent price, now if you don't have one you can wander up main street and get a T shirt from World Famous  Boot Hill Saloon, Froggy's may be open  for a cool one , not to worry main street is deserted few if any Bikes. Most places deserted during summer

Thanks man!

"It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most
Not where you live, what you drive or the price tag on your clothes" -Zac Brown Band

"A leader is someone who keeps their head when everyone else is losing theirs." -Bryant Wright