gadwall8

The dog of peace

Rate this topic

174 posts in this topic

POSTED: AUG 01 2018 06:09PM EDT

VIDEO POSTED: AUG 02 2018 06:47AM EDT

UPDATED: AUG 02 2018 06:49AM EDT

Port Richmond (WTXF) - Philadelphia police say a 2-year-old boy has died after he was attacked by Pit Bulls inside a home on the 3000 block of Agate Street in Port Richmond.

It happened around 5:30 p.m. Wednesday.

"I think it's horrible. It's really bad, really bad."

Neighbor Jason Rash says it was the worst thing he's ever seen. A 2-year-old boy being mauled by a pack of Pit Bulls in his own living room.

photo

"She kept telling me come get the baby—come get the baby. She was covering the baby," he explained.

Police opened fire on the dogs trying to free the child. 

"A small child was laying on the living room floor being attacked by about five Pit Bulls," Philadelphia Chief Inspector Scott Small said. 

Police rushed to the scene after numerous 911 calls. Rash and his son say they tried desperately to get the dogs off the toddler.

"I took two steps in and I threw something in to to break the dogs up and have them come after me, but they just kept going," Rash explained. 

Police got to the front door after hearing screams. They described what they saw as they entered.

"Their main concern was to get the 2-year-old child who was unconscious bleeding from his head, face, body, both arms and legs," Small said.

The child was raced the St. Christopher's Hospital in extremely critical condition. He died shortly after 6 p.m.

"The cops took forever to shoot the dogs to put the dogs down they were like we don't want to shoot the baby in case the baby's alive," Rash said.

Animal Control teams removed two wounded dogs and a third that was killed by police.

"I feel sorry for the mom, " Rash said.

"Unknown why these five dogs attacked this 2-year-old boy," Small. 

Police fired seven shots. Investigators are trying to determine if any family members will be charged for endangering the child. The police shooting team and internal affairs are investigating.

Incredibly negligent, incredibly sad :(

:v:

Breed should be eliminated. I was at a b-b-q friday evening. Lots of folks, many of whom did not know one another. 2 persons brought their pit bulls. Letting them run free. Lots of  little kids running around, squealing. Talked with the host. He was uncomfortable with the situation. Said one of the pits bit one of his dogs (a GSP).  kids were playing with the dogs, taking their toys. Nothing happened, but it sure could of. Some friends were there with their grandkids, and they kept the kids right with them.  

10 mins ago, Finster said:

it says thug life....

I don't like the breed. No matter what anyone says, they are dangerous.

My request for FNA to expound is because I believe he just likes to troll. He's trying to elicit a certain response only to be able to claim racism. Which then will start a whole thing. All during which he will continue to toss in his three word troll responses.

Prove me wrong Chris.

25 mins ago, Farflung said:

Breed should be eliminated. I was at a b-b-q friday evening. Lots of folks, many of whom did not know one another. 2 persons brought their pit bulls. Letting them run free. Lots of  little kids running around, squealing. Talked with the host. He was uncomfortable with the situation. Said one of the pits bit one of his dogs (a GSP).  kids were playing with the dogs, taking their toys. Nothing happened, but it sure could of. Some friends were there with their grandkids, and they kept the kids right with them.  

Yup, the breed should be exterminated.

I had a 14 year old GSP (hunting dog, field trial shooting dog, well mannered and obedient) that was hammered by a run away pit bull in MY backyard.  I saw the pit and told Rip to get in the kennel.  While on his way, the pit grabbed him by the throat and pinned him against our house.  I grabbed the 14" flat blade scooper shovel off of the fence and started beating that dog over the head.  HE DIDN'T EVEN FLINCH!  I broke the shovel handle on about the 8th blow.  I was headed for the 12 gauge when my daughter came out and picked up the shovel blade and slammed it into the pits head.  He let go and took off.  Ol' Rip was never the same after that.  It really messed him up.

I would have left the party.  Those dogs are NFG.

5 mins ago, bospa357 said:

I don't like the breed. No matter what anyone says, they are dangerous.

My request for FNA to expound is because I believe he just likes to troll. He's trying to elicit a certain response only to be able to claim racism. Which then will start a whole thing. All during which he will continue to toss in his three word troll responses.

Prove me wrong Chris.

I'm not a fan either.

IMO they have become nothing more than a status symbol...

some people own them because they think it makes them look enlightened ( the "their misunderstood" and "no different than any other breed" types).... "I'm a hero for having one"

Other people have them because they think it makes them more gangsta...

someone that has 5 of them is more on the gangsta end of the scale....

Again....all just IMO

1 min ago, Jettyhound said:

Yup, the breed should be exterminated.

I had a 14 year old GSP (hunting dog, field trial shooting dog, well mannered and obedient) that was hammered by a run away pit bull in MY backyard.  I saw the pit and told Rip to get in the kennel.  While on his way, the pit grabbed him by the throat and pinned him against our house.  I grabbed the 14" flat blade scooper shovel off of the fence and started beating that dog over the head.  HE DIDN'T EVEN FLINCH!  I broke the shovel handle on about the 8th blow.  I was headed for the 12 gauge when my daughter came out and picked up the shovel blade and slammed it into the pits head.  He let go and took off.  Ol' Rip was never the same after that.  It really messed him up.

I would have left the party.  Those dogs are NFG.

that's exactly why I will tell pit lovers to eff off when they try to pull that BS that "any dog can bite"...

Sure, other dogs can bite / snap, but I've never seen another breed go off the deep end like that...