frazerp

Cutting Plug Blanks

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

There was thread on reducing the corners on plug blanks - tried searching the lure forum, but no luck.

Anyone remember it ???

Thanks ...

Yup I put it up. No idea where it is though. Used a bandsaw and a 45 degree angle block sticky taped to table. Works pissa and fast. 

15 mins ago, capesams said:

when watching tv I sit there an chew the corner's off..fiber is good for old folks.

I knew there was something extra about your plugs.

I enjoy making chips so I do not smooth the edges in advance.  You purists will say that I'm dulling my tools.  Maybe with maple but cedar and pine I can keep my tools sharp for a long time.  I find sharpening cathartic as well.  Yes I also enjoy cutting my grass and shoveling my driveway...TMI!

With a home made duplicator it really makes it easier when your holding the whole Shabang in your hands especially with hard species of wood. with a Vega not as important 

CS I noticed your front teeth looked a little worn last time I saw you. 

Thanks muchly - saw it earlier searching, but didn't save it.

Now just have to do such for my little 9" Ryobi, which I picked up at HD - they gave a me a already opened box w/several parts missing parts & after an hour w/Ryobi, I got cut off.

But the beauty of getting real world info from youse guys means that I can almost always retrofit the stock tool - will be band sawing tomorrow given no thunderstorms. 

On 8/4/2018 at 10:35 PM, Steel Pulse said:

Found a pic of how I take corners off in band saw. I 2 way tape the jig to the  table 

2A2A545B-2158-46C2-AE7E-838FAE42F9EC.jpeg

Of course it’s made out of metal! Here for some reason it would be made out of wood! Silly me.